FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 86 Bayliner Capri 19ft with a Volvo Penta 4cyc engine,,,I am wanting a trolling motor for it,,,would I be looking at a 70lb and 24v setup?? Any info is greatly appreciated... thanks
At least. Anything over 55# requires 24 volts. That means two 12 volt batteries wired in series and very likely it will need to be the longest shaft available.