FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My ring gear is missing teeth, I'd like to order parts before I pull it but I'm unsure what ring gear it uses as there are two choices.
Ser # is 0862395
Anything besides bellows I should replace while I'm in there?
bellows are not replaced from the engine compartment, missing teeth are usually a result of a hydro-lock condition. a staggered bolt pattern on the starter means a 168 tooth ring gear.About $50.00
My ring gear is missing teeth, I'd like to order parts before I pull it but I'm unsure what ring gear it uses as there are two choices.
Ser # is 0862395
Anything besides bellows I should replace while I'm in there?