What Prop and Where!!

tandg96

Cadet
1993 maxum SCR2700 with 7.4 mercruiser. I need a "allpurpose" prop for tubing,cruising,and all around boating. Any idaes greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

tandg96

Cadet
Re: What Prop and Where!!

By The Way It's A Bravo 2 Drive
!i Know Its Gonna Cost Me!

Todd

j442w30

Petty Officer 1st Class

What is your current propeller information and what are your current wide open throttle RPM's? I believe the Bravo 2 drive has a larger propshaft that only accepts Mercury specific Bravo 2 props. These props are designed for maximum thrust on large and heavy cruisers. What kind of boat do you have, and are you sure it's a Bravo 2 drive?

Sorry, I see your boat information now, but we need your current propeller info and wide open throttle RPM's to make any recomendations on a propeller.

tandg96

Cadet

From what I have researched 4600 is WOT. The boat is a 1993 maxum2700scr.It is for sure a bravo 2 drive. I cannot get prop specs right know because it is back at the shop for engine related issues! I would imagine it is a "stock" prop. It really seems to plane nice and has great power and speed for this big of boat! Thanks for all of your help!

Todd

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Since the X dimension (propshaft height) is basically "fixed" it'll be a simple matter of getting one of the same style you have now since the performance is acceptable. No sense getting a performance prop like a Turbo Lightning or TXP. The standard Turbo or even the Stiletto will work fine. Once you get the numbers off the prop you have a better recommendation can be made.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Tandg96 -- when someone asks what your WOT throttle rpm is, they mean what RPM do you "observe" on the tach at WOT -- not what the manufacturers recommended WOt RPM is. When selecting a prop, the prop you choose must allow the engine to operate at the manufacturers WOT rpm band. If the engine will not reach that rpm, that's an indication of too much pitch. If it exceeds that rpm band, you need a prop with more pitch.

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class

From what I have researched 4600 is WOT.

What do you mean "From what you have RESEARCHED"??? They need to know your actual WOT RPM's not what is recommended.