What part is this ?

Johnny Ringo !

Seaman Apprentice
I took a 1986 4 HP Mercury outboards Prop shaft out to replace the oil seal and O ring. when cleaning out the leftover gear oil in the housing I found up under the front gears a solid piece of metal. It wasn't something that broke off somewhere, it looks like a plug of some kind with a slight bevel at both ends. It is very small it measures about 1/4inch wide and just over 1/8th long the micrometer says 160 long any Ideas where this came from ? I looked at all of the exploded views and didn't notice anything that looked like this ? Thanks for any help in advance.

Johnny Ringo !

Seaman Apprentice
I took a 1986 4 HP Mercury outboards Prop shaft out to replace the oil seal and O ring. when cleaning out the leftover gear oil in the housing I found up under the front gears a solid piece of metal. It wasn't something that broke off somewhere, it looks like a plug of some kind with a slight bevel at both ends. It is very small it measures about 1/4inch wide and just over 1/8th long the micrometer says 160 long any Ideas where this came from ? I looked at all of the exploded views and didn't notice anything that looked like this ? Thanks for any help in advance.
I found my own answer watching a video of a man changing the same parts and he had everything laid out as it came apart. The part I asked about goes into the front of the shift shaft before what I call the tip goes in against it. It all goes in and works the spring action for the shift shaft. Thanks to all anyway.