FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi all, I just purchased a 2000 175 evinrude. I was curious as the plate that bolts to the boat has some corrosion on it and I would like to clean it and then repaint it for it to look nice, since I just painted my boat hull. Thanks for any help.
I don't think what the OP mentioned is the sacrificial anode. That mounting plate usually housed the tilt/trim mechanism as well as the tilt tube. All thos parts are usually engine color. Any aluminum parts that are taken down to bare metal will need to have the proper zinc chromate primer used on them before final paint. You can buy motor paint from this site, marinas and elsewhere online.