What other forums do you visit?

Brian WV

Seaman
I tend to visit multiple forums and wanted to see what other forums you folks frequent. Boat related or not. Some of mine..

Musatang6G.com - mainly because im in the market for a new mustang
The Garage Journal - Who here doesn't love a forum dedicated to tools?
Airliners.net - Work in the field/ aviation enthusiast

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Oh, I visit lots of different forums about guns, Yellowstone, Glacier(I own one), Photography, Construction(Cabinets), Woodworking, you name, I probably visit it.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I keep 4 forums up most all the time on my tablet.

Iboats ( Obviously because the Admiral and I love boating )
Jeep-CJ.com ( Got a 1980 CJ7 I tinker around on. )
KZrider.com ( Got a 1980 KZ750E and a 1981 KZ1000 I ride and tinker with. )
Defensivecarry.com ( Gun related self explanitory. )

I also frequent many Ford F-150 and Mustang forums as I own or have owned both. As well as several woodworking forums and welding forums.
Also a few HVAC forums as that's my profession.

Actually it's a wonder I get anything done with all the stuff I do on the web.:facepalm:

Probably more but I'm afraid the list above is long enough.:eek:

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Actually it's a wonder I get anything done with all the stuff I do on the web.:facepalm:

Probably more but I'm afraid the list above is long enough.:eek:

Heck, I am in luck, I am retired, if I was still working in front of a computer screen I would be in trouble all of the time!

Brian WV

Seaman
Heck, I am in luck, I am retired, if I was still working in front of a computer screen I would be in trouble all of the time!

Im literally at working posting this...lol

i do most of my browsing here at work when its slow or in the morning with a cup of coffee

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I thought you were working again. Dint blame you if you aren't.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I thought you were working again. Dint blame you if you aren't.

Bruce, I was, then I got really sick after Dad passed away and have been going through a lot of testing as of late, have a chronic lung infection and they think they may have to remove the lower half of my left lung. So I am spending more time with Doctors these days than my wife! They think it has manifested because of a bad tank of air I was using in Hawaii back in 1991 while scuba driving, ended up with oil in the air supply.

Hopefully things work out for me.

aspeck

Staff member
WHAT????? There are OTHER forums? Say it isn't so!

aspeck

Staff member
Bruce, I was, then I got really sick after Dad passed away and have been going through a lot of testing as of late, have a chronic lung infection and they think they may have to remove the lower half of my left lung. So I am spending more time with Doctors these days than my wife! They think it has manifested because of a bad tank of air I was using in Hawaii back in 1991 while scuba driving, ended up with oil in the air supply.

Hopefully things work out for me.

Thoughts and prayers that all works out for you!

thumpar

Admiral
I am an admin on a local gun trading forum. A couple years back I was on all kinds of forums but cut it back to enjoy life a little bit. I still spend a ton of time on here though.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Thoughts and prayers that all works out for you!

Thank you, I figure it is just the sins of past coming back to invade my future, I am sure it will work out just fine, what is so weird, is it happened the day before I shipped out for the first Gulf War.. Go figure.. I shipped out the 17, Jan, 1991, my birthday! I think Karma is just coming back to bite me in the butt!

:)

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Smokstak.com, It's an antique motor forum. Flywheel type motors, of course they have outboard forum there also. Woodworking and chainsaw sites as well.​Metal detecting and geocaching sites also.

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander

When or if I retire I hope to be able to turn fishing and motorcycles into my main activities. Obviously I will have to spend lots of time on forums to keep getting great ideas for my projects.

Especially from great people like the ones here on iboats.:encouragement:

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
tnstratofam small world. I had a 82 750 kawi and the big boy 81 kz1300 6 banger.Both no longer with me.Other sites are audio karma,e-nation,and rarely on a mosin-nagent site.Also Polaris ace forum .

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Used to do alot on bayliner owners club until the moderators got really stupid. Club searay when i had a searay. The hull truth was my first forum i ever joined back in 03. Now pretty much here and forumly challenged boaters for hanging out. I learn about boats here and fcb is my 'social' boating forum - not a lot of boat talk, more like a whole forum of Dockside Chat amongst friends - met many of them in fact meeting up with a member next week in Knoxville to horse trade on a kicker motor and have dinner. A few others as needed like a cummins forum, one for when i get stuck in excel, etc. Even a tree forum.

Brian WV

Seaman
Used to do alot on bayliner owners club until the moderators got really stupid. Club searay when i had a searay. The hull truth was my first forum i ever joined back in 03. Now pretty much here and forumly challenged boaters for hanging out. I learn about boats here and fcb is my 'social' boating forum - not a lot of boat talk, more like a whole forum of Dockside Chat amongst friends - met many of them in fact meeting up with a member next week in Knoxville to horse trade on a kicker motor and have dinner. A few others as needed like a cummins forum, one for when i get stuck in excel, etc. Even a tree forum.

Interesting stuff. I venture to the hull truth sometimes to check out some members builds etc but never post. Im with you about as needed forums, I head to powerstroke.org for the truck troubles and AutoGeek for auto/boat detailing. They have a section dedicated to boat detailing that is for sure worth checking out