What, No Richard Clarke Post?

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: What, No Richard Clarke Post?

Just explain one thing to me that I don't understand. Why does Condolezza Rice feel compelled to get on every talk show possibly available to presumably state her position, and yet won't testify in front of the commission under oath?<br />If there are deep government secrets she is protecting, why is she on "Meet the Press" and tomorrow's "60 minutes"...<br />Or does she think as long as she is not sworn in, she can say anything she wants to?

oddjob

Commander

Thats pretty weak PW...maybe its a yet another right wing conspiracy. :) <br /><br />What do think she's hiding while she is following the constitution? :rolleyes: <br /><br />By the way, tell me... which one of the 3 contradictory reports from Clarke is the one he's sticking to? :D <br /><br />Which story should Rice address for crying out loud...

SCO

Lieutenant

PW. Separation of powers. She is the presidents staff hired by the pres. They dont supoena him or her. On the other hand, Powel and Cheney both were confirmed by congress and must be responsive to them. In the other case, do you want congress to be able to jerk around a democratic pres and staff?

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That's a pretty weak argument. There is lots of precedent for testimony by other presidential advisors, including Ridge under this president.<br /><br />And when she has the time to go on Meet The Press, as well as a host of other talk shows, and effectively call him a liar, she should do it in front of the commission and under oath. It is a matter of national security.<br /><br />And this administration's propensity for character assassination of any one that disagrees with it is troubling, and getting to be a pattern.<br /><br />They outed Joe Wilson's wife as a CIA agent when he publically disagreed with them<br /><br />They dismissed Paul O'Neill as a nut when he disagreed with them.<br /><br />And now they are launching yet another character attack on Clarke.<br /><br />Who is next???<br /><br />On top of that, they are completely contradictory. Clarke's primary criticism is that the current administration did not take the terrorism threat seriously. Cheney proclaims that Clarke was "out of the loop" The primary terrorism advisor of this administration was "out of the loop"???<br /><br />Precisely the point, I am afraid.<br /><br />This is a urgent matter of national security, and it ought to be troubling to all of us.

oddjob

Commander

And this administration's propensity for character assassination of any one that disagrees with it is troubling, and getting to be a pattern.<br />
Uh.. Kerry doesnt have an administration as of yet and Clinton's is long gone PW.....Oh did mean to imply the Bush Admin. :D thats very funny...<br /><br />Bush should have kicked out all of what was left of the clinton admin. just as clinton did of the previous George Sen. Admin. AND pulled the FBI/IRS files to see who they could ruin.<br /><br />Clarke a is a liar, and could possibly by charged with purgery unlike you PW.<br /><br />Keep it coming PW, I'm sure we can educate alot of folks of the truth If their willing to dig up the truth rather than listen to the self projecting liberal spin....l :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> well I am reading and finding more and more about pappy bush,bubba dubya and Dr rice. as well as some others. it seems that pappy bush and bubba as well as pappy Bin Laden all have very big ties and intrests in big oil it seems as well as unocal oil is getting the contract for a pipeline across afghanistan. seems like all the cash and blood shed was really just a way for the pappies to get more oil money. if half of what I read is true I wont vote for anyone in office now. who would have thunk it.pappy bush,bubba bush and dr rice. all bidness pardners http://9-11congress.netfirms.com/Vidal. <br /> http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2001/2841wolfowitz.html <br /> makes good reading.<br /> I also read some other news prints from outside our country. seems the spin is on here for some reason. if this is even half true bubba needs to step down quietly as he and his cabinet have to many conflicts of intrest to properly govern. and the sight of bubba in a flight suit sickens me. he never got his flight physical squared away and pappy bought him a spot so he could holler hoorahh hoorah lets kick commie butt but not me. let the poor man bleed Ill stay here in the cushy guard.<br /> I only belive about 1/2 of what I read and only 1/4 of what I hear but if only 3/8ths of all the busiuness dealings between th current admins personell and the muslims and oil terroists are true they need to step aside due to conflicts of intrest. i dont wish my kids blood on foriegn soil for pappies oil. <br />good luck good reading and lets watch how this is played

oddjob

Commander

and the sight of bubba in a flight suit sickens me. he never got his flight physical squared away and pappy bought him a spot so he could holler hoorahh hoorah lets kick commie butt but not me.
When did clinton (aka bubba) put on a flight suit? <br /><br />Rodbolt I think you needs to go back to the well and have a little more than just a sip this time. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

What do we all live in a political fantasy world where just because we want something it happens.<br /><br />This worlds foremost authority allowed the Clinton administration to systematically eliminate our mechanisms of defense. The FBI, CIA, and the armed forces, were all cut to the bone and had their authority to do anything removed. Remember when the liberals didn't want to pay information money to anyone with a checkered past, while marching Chineese officials through our top secret science facilities unmonitored? (We don't live in a box) Funny how this clown didn't appear on 60 Minutes during these travesties. Wasn't that the ground work that allowed this to occur. Where was his civic duty then? Guess it wasn't real important.. WRONG.. This goes to credibility.<br /><br />Let's take the hypethetical. GW takes office, calls an emergency meeting of congress to address our security issues and demands an emergency bill to put the troops at airports, restructure how the agencies communicate, maybe buy some bullet proof vests? He would be depicted on the cover of the New York Times with a hitler mustache and a swastica. Tom Daschelle would need to get more military contracts for his wife, Nancy Poloci would be marching through San Fran, banging a drum singing coom-by-yah, Al Gore would be looking for another recount, and Kennedy would initiiate impeachment hearings. He would be politically ruined. Instead we take a hit on 9/11 and then our "new" patriots decide to vote for measures. (And then change their minds-Kerry) Bush had 8 months to fix the problem, get real...<br /><br />This guy is nothing more than a career politican who got smoked when it came time to actually do something and was routinely demoted for his ineptnitide. He was run over by the doers of this administration and was left to wallow in museum of political dinosaurs which he was.<br /><br />This is not to say that he didn't have unique insights and contributions to make but his background that extends back decades just doesn't apply to the world we are now facing. He chose the path that many washed up career politicians/public servants take. Proclaim how right they are an how wrong everyone else is. Enter the LIBERAL press. They drank this up like Kool-Aid at Jonestown. They couldn't report factual news so they present these, "Personality" hit pieces and claim they are "journalists". Puke. :mad: <br /><br />Then we get the added bonus of now validating every nut who ever knew or worked for anyone in the administration and has an axe to grind. We have nothing but this guys opinion that Bush was an idiot. Most news stories require at least 3 cooroberating sources. To hell with the rules...<br /><br />To say this guy is completely wrong or completely right is intellectually weak. But based on how the truth is usually arrived at this is nothing more than an administration hit piece based on sour grapes.<br /><br />And yes, I bet working for ****, and Condie, was a real PITA. Most successful leaders are frequently difficult to work for, it is the job of the employee to adapt..

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> thats bubba dubya. I was refering to. clinton did about the same but at least he had a belief. I was never very fond of Clinton either. here was a president that was elected 2 terms and COULD have made a legacy to last the entire 20th century. he Could have been a great. however he let his personal pride and conflicts interfere with his leadership of this great nation. like a ship with an asleep helmsman, the ship continues it just may vary its path. clinton and hillary both had skeletons they would not and still wont come clean about. the monica debacle was a huge drain of resources. had Bill had the nads to step up to the plate when confronted with the evidence and just say, yep. I had an affair now its between me and my wife it would have ended right there. like a dog that chases a car and the car stops, the press would have not known what to do and would have wandered off aimlessly to the next thing. I still belive the illfated Mogadeshu event was largly done as a popularity stunt to get the pressure off him that went horribly wrong. the retired and highly decorated Col. Hackworth has written several books on the subjects. They are excellent reading and well researched with the footnotes for those who care to research on their own. at least though clinton had a beleif and stuck with it. GW seems that he was a armchair quarter back in veitnam and stayed back home while others bled. now with all the big oil players coming to light its amazing how many ties Chaney,bush rumsfield and Rice as well as others are so tied to big oil,the middle east and pipeline projects that stand to make them millions if successful at the price of a few ordinary lives. I will keep reading and try to decide what is true and whats a spin. but when a direct question is asked and I see an irish jig followed by a spanish lambada and finnished with a french ballet I start thinking and my Bull Pookey detector goes off.<br /> I have several friends that were born in southamerica, catholic and raised in pershia and libya, they have an entirely different view on a school or hospital being hit by mistake and they have some neat pictures and stories of Collateral damage. well enogh rant for now. I am losing my respect for the current administration. had I known about all the ties with this administration and terroist leaders,cells and countries I am not so sure I would have voted the way I did.I am not trying top bash anyone I just want the truth. not a supposition or a coulda,woulda shoulda iffn thing. just the truth. and that seems to be an elusive thing in DC anymore. so in the mean time I will continue to read and listen to the players in this shameful game then in november I will decide and on november 5th life will go on. bills will get paid, braces will get put on and taken off and I will be another year older.<br /> good luck and keep posting

oddjob

Commander

Rodbolt I read the acticle you posted above.<br /><br />Wolfowitz Cabal' Is an Enemy Within U.S.<br /><br />It says it was written approximately one month after 9/11.<br /><br />Yaaah, I'd say that is some interesting reading..talks about wars that had not happened at that time. :rolleyes: ..thats very impressive...oh and I somehow missed the part about the Bush admin. oil cartel..... :D

SCO

Lieutenant

Update: Check Drudge, Condi to testify, Congress agrees that no precedent set in this special case regarding separation of powers.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> Oddjob<br /> why do I feel that your attacking me? you failed to point out the spots where I can read that the wars they talked about had not happend by oct 27th 2001. post me that section so I can re-read it and try to find the truth.<br /> try getting to this site. I read parts of it.<br /> if you cannot get this link then type "enemy within gore vidal oct 26 2002.<br /> look for the article on pipleines. if true its sickening.<br /> I am not out to bash your man. but if he is and has lied to me then he is a liar and can no longer be trusted.<br /> good luck and keep posting.<br /> PS please let me know where the mistake is in the wolfowitz article.<br /> http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/EnemyWithin.html

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

rodbolt,<br /><br />You would have to be politically predisposed to use that "thing" as a basis for an opinion regarding the "junta". :( :confused:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> pointer94<br /> I would not use a web site to form a political opinion. however the trail of who worked and recived monies is verifiable. by the wording I seem to think it is slanted, however if half of the facts are true its still sickening. seems we have a dance troupe for a top administration. I have been watching them dance on TV. so far its all typical polititian answers. but time will bear out the truth. so I will keep reading and wait and see. by the way if you read the other article can you see the wars oddjob was talking about?<br /> I posted once before I usually only belive 1/2 of what I read and 1/4 of what I hear. <br /> just because its written does not mean its all true all complete or even relevant.<br /> good luck and keep posting

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

RODBOLT,<br /><br />I have read your posts in the past and even though I have frequently disagreed with your conclusions(not to say you are wrong, I am more than frequently wrong), I appreciate how you arrived at and why you reach the conclusions you do...<br /><br />I would have to say that in todays political environment, we will never find anyone with clean hands. Everyone is tainted by big busness, special interests, foreign influence, etc. It is for this reason that labels (Democrat, Republican) mean little anymore. If I was to say Bush is as clean as the driven snow, I may be able to convince myself of that, but down deep I know it isn't true. Same goes for John Kerry.<br /><br />It is dishonest to take the type of liberties that the article chose to use, and therefor it has lost any and all credibility from my perspective. Does Bush have contacts in the oil industry, hmmmm, let me think, probably. Are all those relationships the type the public would understand and be able to appreciate based on the given circumstances? Nearly impossible to get to. Is the world of big oil similar to the greeting card industry, or cosmetics industry, or bible sales? Nope.<br /><br />What this story lacks is context and that is something that cannot be provided accurately. I will be honest, I would not like GW or DC, or Conndie as a neighbor. But when the world thinks that the French constitute good role models, it takes a type of man that I am not, (thank god)to cut through to reach conclusions that are in the best interest of the country as a whole. Understanding why certain things are done requires a lifetime of experience, and most of us cannot dedicate the time to understanding. <br /><br />Gore Vidal has a very difficult time seeing things from both sides and clearly has an axe to grind... <br />Thank you for the thoughtful response and I will keep my eyes open for your continued posts.... ;)

SCO

Lieutenant

Rodbolt, I read the pipelines part, and clipped a typical passage as follows:<br /><br />"As of 1 August 2002, trial balloons were going up all over Washington DC to get world opinion used to the idea that Bush of Afghanistan' had gained a title as mighty as his father's Bush of the Persian Gulf' and Junior was now eager to add Iraq-Babylon to his diadem. These various balloons fell upon Europe and the Arab world like so many lead weights. But something new has been added since the classic Roman Hitlerian mantra, they are threatening us, we must attack first'. Now everything is more of less out in the open."<br /><br />THis article strikes me as total BS because it stacks left slant innuendo on innuendo like a bad episode of unsolved mysteries. It is an interpretation, a paranoid one. I've said this before and still believe it to be true. The steps Bush took all along were exactly what I thought he should do given the past Laden attacks , the training camps that pumped out thousands of terrorists on Clintons watch , world wide cells, Cult like status in PAkistan and elsewhere for UBL, HAtred and revenge motive of Saddam...a man that loved revenge to assuage his humiliation...who watched video of his enimies being murdered. The assertion that Bush is motivated by something other than the horror of 911 and the threat of Alqueda/radical islam/danger of appeasment,WMD's in these peoples hands when we cant even stop thousands of illegal immigrants each and every month(middle easterners look like Mexican Nationals BTW) is patently ridiculous. Am I the sheep that eats any grass that the Bush admin puts out, no. You that believe this garbage are out of touch with the danger that we are in, otherwise his actions would make perfect sense to you.<br /><br />Also Pointer, that you wouldn't want GW or Condi as a neighbor might just mean you have allowed the slander of the attack dogs of the left to influence your opinion of GW and Condi unfairly. Cheney...might not be too nice, but then again maybe he is a great guy to fish with. I bet Condi is super nice. **** Clark??? a low down underhand megalomaniac petty jerk. It's all about him and his self serving manipulations and rationalizations . His apology used the 911 victims to serve his interests in attacking Bush. Pretty low. He I wouldn't want as a neighbor . He said Condi was mean and nasty. I bet that means he is jealous ,thinks he is better, doesnt respect her...and I bet she didn't like or respect him. I recognize that I could be a victim of the slander of the attack dogs of the right with these assessments. Sorry for the tone of this post, but I am fed up with the fast and loose talk that is generated from the left. Can't wait to cast a vote against Kerry.

oddjob

Commander

Rodbolt, I can't read it again without getting severely light headed. <br /><br />I'll retract my statement about about wars that hadn't happened yet..I was wrong :( I wish now that I had not commented. Have a nice day.. :)