What next?

Twidget

Commander
This is hard to believe Does this numbskull really think that parents/teachers and kids dont know which kids are overweight? This is just another thing to take time away from actually teaching the kids. :mad:

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: What next?

Brilliant, and when they are over the prescribed guidelines what happens? Jail the parents, close Mc Donalds, humiliate them in front of their peers. Maybe staple their mouths shut? If that jerk tries it, all the buttmunch politicians will be on the ME-TOO band wagon.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Hmmm. Let's just cut more and more physical education classes from the curriculum and reduce the number of recesses. My son kept complaining that they did "cup stacking" for P.E. last year several times.<br /><br />No, wait, that's what they've done and the results are in.

Twidget

Commander

My son kept complaining that they did "cup stacking" for P.E. last year several times.
They do that here too. It p#sses me off, a beautiful day in the middle of winter and the fat cow of a PE teacher has them stacking cups. :mad: On rainy days, they read, because someone might slip. Supposedly the gym roof doesnt leak, so Im at a loss on that one.<br /><br />Oh yeah, this is Elementary School.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I could understand concern for childrens possible health reasons.. but, WOULDN'T THESE FOLKS ALREADY KNOW THIS!!?? <br /><br />Plus, If I remember correctly .. now this is just me .. but I grew 'out' then 'up'. I remember I grew 3" over summer vacation one year in grade school.<br /><br />Where's the Darwin Award for this Texas 'Lawmaker' ?? <br /><br />What a joke.. it's like telling a farmer that his Holstien cows are black and white or his John Deere tractors are green..<br /><br />And who's to say that its the responsibility of the general public schools.. <br /><br />What I really like is this:<br />
Opponents of the bill are concerned that including children's weight on their report card would violate their privacy.
WHAT!!?? FOR STARTERS - ITS STUPID! and as far as their privacy goes .. ahhhh.. don't ya think if they we concerned with privacy as how the kids look.. they'd hand out blind folds too?? you can look at a kid/person and notice if they are a little 'thick in the mid-section'..<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

brother chris

Commander

Just you just imagine going back and looking at your report cards with your children and grandchildren...and having your weight printed next to the "F" you got in gym. <br />It may sound funny, but it would not be funny to the person who was overweight. <br />Sometimes people who are overweight have a problem, and it is not with eating. Some peoples bodies are large and they can do nothing buy exercise and watch what they eat and they still stay fat. It's not always the persons fault. It could be their metabolism or a bunch of other stuff. <br />These senators need to get a grip on reality.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> Reminds me of the "cigarette-nazis".
rauch27.gif
<br /> You hit it 12Footer.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> Who is Texas Bill?
LOL, BB! :D <br /><br /><br />This is great, high schools around here already have cafeterias that look like a mall food court - Taco Bell, McD's & whatever. Well, what's one more mixed message? Maybe the English teachers can use it as an example of irony.<br /><br />Okay, so I haven't done anything about my kids getting fat and now this "BMI" on their report card is going to prompt me to jump into action?!<br /><br />Does it go on their permanent record? Will it become part of their transcript? What about college applications?

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />
This is great, high schools around here already have cafeterias that look like a mall food court - Taco Bell, McD's & whatever.
I hear ya jtexas.<br />Our High Schools are the same way. My oldest son inherited genes from my wife's side of the family. The men in her family have a tendency to be "heavy". I talked to him the other day. Not a lecture, a talk. I told him that it was something he was going to have to watch for. He has been taking weight training and attributed his weight gain to that. After our talk, a couple of days later, he says<br />"I don't think I will get McDonalds anymore, I'll eat Subway for lunch. They are better for you."<br />I was floored, he actually listened and made a very good decision. Made me feel good though. :) <br /><br />AK Chappy