What Model & Year is my Glastron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxylife

Cadet
Hi
Could someone please help me find out what year and model my glastron boat is please. Many Thanks In Advance

Attachments

• glasSide.jpg
    glasSide.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 9
  • glasRear.jpg
    glasRear.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 7
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 8
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 8

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What Model & Year is my Glastron?

Have a peek on the starboard transom for a stamped in HIN number (circled area in attached pic). If not there, look up under the splashwell for a piece o papaer that is glassed into the hull by the factory, or up under the dash area by the helm.

If you can find the HIN number, the last two digits shoudl be the year. Because its been repainted it is hard to guess what year it is.

Any idea how long it is ?

Have a peek here, to browse through the years...

http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-the-years-web.html

I suspect it is a V-162 Futura - Mid 70's

Attachments

• glasRear.jpg
    glasRear.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 5

Roxylife

Cadet

The boat is 15ft and the guy I bought it from told me it was a 1992. I will have a look for the HIN in your suggested places.
I have to say this site is amazing ! You have all been so helpful with my questions. I felt like a right idiot asking some of them because I am a complete novice. Thank you so much for helping me. Sarah :)

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

No offense, but whoever did the paint job defaced a perfectly good Glastron. The side profile of any Glastron should have a sideways looking "V". This is a trademark found on all Glastron's from any era. To see what I am talking about visit the classic Glastron website link provided in the earlier post. Usually when someone paints or does a new gelcoat job to a classic Glastron they are careful to preserve the sideways "V". The paint job looks to be of high quality, but the lack of detail to not preserve the trademark Glastron look troubles me. Now I do have to admit that I am an avid Glastron fan, so this paint job may not bother anyone else. Just a pet peeve of mine. In any event the boat does look nice if you don't share my pet peeve.

Your Glastron appears to be newer than 1970 so there should be a hull ID stamped on the back to allow you to identify the year. Good luck.

Roxylife

Cadet

I have to agree the paint on it is horrible !! That is why I am trying to find out exactly what model she is so I can return her back to her former glory. But.... I put this post on the Glastron owners website and one person is saying she is a SSV-16 and another is saying she isn't even a Glastron !! I would really like some further thoughts on this.
Thank You !!

gamarines2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some of the fit-out hardware looks like what is on my GX-216 Ultra which leads me to believe it is a Glastron if this helps any.

ugadawg187

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Its deff a glastron just not sure what model.

shaun1973

Recruit

hi everyone im hoping you all might be able to help me im in australia i have just purchased this 17ft runabout and was told it was a glastron would anyone be able to tell me if it is and what year it has no glastron id anywhere many thanksIMG_2416.jpgIMG_2414 - Copy (2).jpgIMG_2411.jpgIMG_2410.jpgIMG_2408.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.