What model / year Honda

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
200
I am about to aquire my father-in-laws rig. He has a 40 or 45 Honda in rough shape that I would like to work on but I don't know what year ('94 or '95?) or even the exact HP. I looked all over and can not find a serial number or ID plate. Any suggestions? Where is the ID plate usually located?
 

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
3,284
Re: What model / year Honda

those are usally on the front of the clamp brakets
 

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
200
Re: What model / year Honda

I saw a silver sticker on the clamp but it looked like it had been wiped clean or bleached by the sun. That must have been the data plate. I was looking for a rivited plate with stamped numbers/letters.

Anyone know of dealer sites that might have access to parts break downs so I can guess-ta-mate what year/model it might be based on the pictures?

Any other suggestions? I'm pretty mechanical so I hate to take it to the dealer if I don't have to and the closest full line dealer is 50 miles away.
 

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
3,284
Re: What model / year Honda

no place that i now on-line
u need their program

call ur local dealer
 

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
1,094
Re: What model / year Honda

Honda gives each motor a frame number AND an engine number...the engine number is stamped in the block-usually at the lower front of the block...if you can get that number maybe we can help8)
 

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
200
Re: What model / year Honda

I thought I looked but I probably didn't look hard enough. The stamped number on the block will probably be the ticket. I just have to get down that way to look. Thanks all.
 
Top