What kinds of stuff do you have at work?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
That question about boat pics got me to wondering what kinds of things y'all keep around to personalize your space.<br /><br />In my cube I've got:<br />* family pictures<br />* 40mm anti-aircraft shell casing (chromed), the only souvenir my dad brought back from WWII<br />* relay baton from the '96 Atlanta Olympics (lane 7)<br />* millenium commemorative Disneyworld baseball autographed by Mickey Mouse<br />* various small jet engine parts<br />* beanbag figure from the Broadway production of The Lion King<br />* small handmade iguana statue from Belize<br />* couple aircraft models & employee awards<br />* ceramic fish made by my daughter<br />* small shard from Delta 191<br />* promotional poster of Bomardier CRJ700 regional jet<br />* autographed poster of the 2001 Dallas Mavericks Dancers from the grand opening of the American Airlines Center in Dallas<br />* drawing done by my youngest (2nd grade at the time) of a dog wearing spectacles sitting on an open book, and this poem:<br /><br />
<br />I have a dog<br />named sparky<br />He is cute<br />and I like<br />him that way<br />but my Dad wants<br />him to be<br />a hunting<br />dog. But<br />I like<br />him just<br />the<br />way<br />he<br />is.<br />

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What kinds of stuff do you have at work?

my entire house .. :D <br /><br />you work for Boeing down there JT? I musta missed it in an earlier post..(ie., aircraft parts)

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

*Pictures of the kids<br />*Hand made B-day card <br />*Rock with "ILU" painted on it <br />*1st place fishing league plaque<br />*More pics of the kids<br />*2 Dilbert cartoons<br />*2nd place plaque from trap league<br />*small hand carved mallard set in clear epoxy "cheesy"<br />*Cabelas Master catalog<br />*4 Turkey call CD's<br />*Broken camera (gotta get it sent in one of these days)<br />*Far Side cartoon

one more cast

Captain

I've been out of work(shift machinist in a paper mill) quite awhile due to my health so I guess my space is this computer desk for now. not much room for extra stuff but I see a jar of atomic fire balls, a postal scale, 2 home made clay figurines, a digital camera, Harley tee shirt, scissors, electric pencil sharpener, calculator,an emory board and some papers.

LubeDude

Admiral

Dotti the Dalmation Beannie baby on top of the computer along with the Dino Fararri model there also.<br /><br />My complete intake system for my Merc 150 on the shelf.<br /><br />various blown pistons, bent valves and worn bearings lying around.<br /><br />Lots and lots of car parts laying around.<br /><br /> A small collection of the small Muscle machine cars.<br /><br />Lots of car pictures,<br /><br />Trophys the cars have won.<br /><br />And a lot of junk.

NYMINUTE

Captain

US Flag with the angry eagle imposed. Grandkids photos, wife, and my dogs. Being the production leader, I have to keep it neat, and uncluttered to comply with policy.

gaugeguy

Captain

Lots of family pics<br />Baseball fouled off by Mark McGuire<br />2 hockey pucks (one from the Bruins one from the Monarchs)<br />Marine Corps flag<br />Model of a 64 VW micro-bus<br />Red Sox banner<br />Bass Pro Shops master catalog<br />2005 playboy calendar<br />Dale Earnhardt tachometer<br />and a clock that isn't moving nearly fast enough.

KennyKenCan

Commander

All I have is WORK!!<br /><br />No room for any personal effects!<br /><br />But I do have an American flag and a Candy Cane from 3 years ago, somewhere in all this mess!

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> ...... calculator,an emory board and some papers
Would those be zig-zags or....? :D :D ;)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br />
Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> ...... calculator,an emory board and some papers
Would those be zig-zags or....? :D :D ;)
LOL... :D

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

In my work area I have:<br /><br /> Baby Bottle<br /> Diapers<br /> Wipes<br /> Baby powder<br /> Some kind of greasy white stuff to smear on<br /> Various rattles, blankets, toys to distract...<br /><br /> And I enjoy every minute of my work day.. :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> you work for Boeing down there JT? I musta missed it in an earlier post..(ie., aircraft parts)
let's just say, "I know why you fly"

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Whole Bunch of Harley stuff.........

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

PJC,Barlow...I wish one of you would change your Avatar,your confusing me.<br />As far as around me,bunch of levers and guys wanting me to do something stupid.

KRS

Banned

A 24" long display made of melted aluminum from a gasoline tanker that went "boom" and melted into the roadway. The top is smooth and shiny, like a giant pile of solder. It is oddshaped because it follows the lowest contour of the area it melted in, and the back is full of gravel because it is embedded in the aluminum.<br /><br />Don't know if that makes sense, but it is cool as heck.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

half my toolbox, rags and usually some kind of spilled sealant. just depends on what I am doing and which marina I am at that day:).<br /> thats the great thing about contracting, I can go places almost everyday. on a good day I am on a boat by myself and things are good:)<br /> get to work on a boat,burn gas and get a paycheck:)

one more cast

Captain

quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /><br />quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Originally posted by One More Cast:<br />...... calculator,an emory board and some papers <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Would those be zig-zags or....? <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />LOL...
Dave & Barlow, NO COMMENT! :D :D

brother chris

Commander

I have my Bible proudly displayed in my in-basket for everyone to see. <br />I also have a 1/2 eaten "After Eight" chocolate bar in my in-basket as well. <br />Plus a CPR recessitator(sp) in my in-basket. <br />Nothing on my desk, but I do keep a Game Boy Advance system in my pocket when I need a fix of video games at work....I mean..er...um...not at work, I meant....um....nothing.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Don't have any personal stuff at my shop except my bucket truck. I keep it plugged in there for them to pay for the block heaters electric.<br /><br />There are lots of cases of Time Couch bobble head dolls. I like using them for target practice. I told my boss we ought to sell them on ebay for targets. Probably get more money out of them that way.

Carphunter

Commander

In my office now, (which won't be my office much longer), I have:<br />* Pictures of my Kids and my Wife.<br />* An H.S. Strut split V four Turkey call.<br />* North American Whitetail magazine.<br />* Cabela's catalog.<br />* Monster Whitetails calendar.<br />* 10 year anniversary clock.<br />* Three French hens.<br />* Two turtle-doves.<br />* ....and some bird I shot out of a pear tree. ;)