What kind of beer do you like?

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: What kind of beer do you like?

First Choice: Moose Head<br />Second Choice: Red Stripe<br />Third Choice: Corrona<br />All Time Favorite: Chimay Ale<br /><br />Chimay Ale (sp?) is made in France by trappist monks. I cannot get it where I live, but I could when I was in the Army. Anyone out there ever hear of it? Can anyone get it? I would sure love to have another bottle of that stuff.<br /><br />Best regards,<br />SoulWinner

crab bait

Captain

that's interestin' ROSS..like to have a sip-o-that..!!<br /><br />well, if your buyin' ,, i take a sam adams or yuengling , a local beer an america's oldest brewery.. also like douis equis, a mexican brew..<br /><br />but what i buy for regular drinkin' around the house is ' golden anniversary ' by koch of new york..<br /><br />i always go to a big liquior store close by with a BIG walk-in cooler... the manager calls me the 'anniversary man'... cause i'm the only one who buys the swill.. <br /><br />well, when i walk into the cooler to buy A case,,, i see the stack,, an think/say,,, <br />'ummm,, i got supply till about october'..<br /><br />it's a good strong real beer that i really like..!! an it just happends to cost 4.00 bux a 12 pack...<br /><br />in delaware,, all alcohol beverages must be sold in liquior stores,, an all are closed on sunday... marylands real close by...!!<br /><br />an if i gotta pack light,, 'old grandad 100 proof '

BassMan283

Petty Officer 1st Class

SoulWinner, I'm with you on Chimey Ale. (It's spelled Chimey, just looked it up on the web, but didn't find any sellers.) I haven't found it for about 20 years, but maybe it's time to start looking again. <br /><br />I drink Old Style Light for regular use. Otherwise I like Bass Ale, Guinness Stout, Whitbred Ale, Fosters (go ahead and sneer, Aussies!), Molsen Canadian and some others I can't think of right now.<br /><br />In a pinch, I can drink almost anything, even Bud;)!

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

An occasional Paoli Girl beer or Guinness Stout does it for me.

Skinnywater

Commander

Beer gives me a dang stout headache. I've learned to adapt, Crown Royal on the rocks.

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Leinenkugel's...usually a case of returnables on the back steps...Miller High Life if I'm feelin low buck.....when i want something different, Labatt's, Rolling Rock, Heineken, Warsteiner, Saint Paulie Girl, Killians.....never met a beer I didn't like...just some I liked better than others!

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

What an outstanding topic!! :D :D :D <br />I love Icehouse.Cant get enough of it!!<br />Mostly I am a quantity not quality guy. ;)

NOSLEEP

Commander

Every thursday a bunch of fishing and hunting<br />buddies of mine come over to my garage to plot <br />out our destination for fishing on the week end.<br />You see my wife goes out with her girl Friends <br />every thursday, she says they go to bingo :rolleyes: Anyway we usually consume a few flats of beer. A case of beer 12 costs $19.97<br />for regular beer and a little more for micro beer,<br />Last year we discovered some low end beers made<br />by Molsons & The great western brewing company, a<br />flat 24 beers sells for $19.00. We had some taste<br />tests and could not tell the difference.Every <br />once in a while a new face will show up with their<br />favorite beer, and we will have a new guinea pig<br />to test.They cant tell them apart, and who would<br />know they would have the same effect :eek: Some<br />of the guys have called these welfare beers.<br />I now call the expensive ones Sucker beers. :D

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow, a lot of good beers mentioned. I have found there are a lot of different tastes out there. I am glad I don't drink the beer my Dad used to. He drank Old Milwaukee and Hamms. Nothing wrong with them, but I like more flavor. I will drink free beer and not complain. The best beer I could afford in College was Edelweiss at $2.85 a case. A real bargain. When we had money we would splurge and get a case of Braumeister or the Goebels (Called them a case of Gerbils. Funny until the Richard Gere jokes.)<br /><br />I am enjoying a bottle of Samichlaus from Germany as I write. Excellent beer, strong dark, sweet, complex and made to be cellared for years.<br /><br />Chimay Ale is still around. I can get it here. There are three levels. It is a Belgian style Ale. I love Belgian Ales. If you like Chimay, try Omegang, Hennepin Ale, St Sebastian (Dark especially good). <br /><br />Here is a link to the Chimay Website<br /> Chimay <br /><br />Here is an oline place to get Chimay<br /> Liquorama <br /><br />Dogfish head brewery puts out some great beers. Their Worlds Strongest dark while seemingly gimmicky, is extremely good. One 12 oz bottle will also let you know you drank the worlds strongest beer. <br /><br />There are a lot of good Canadian breweries. I understand the beer that is kept in Canada is better than the ones exported. I had a Canadian beer that was something like 1736 beer. Very good.<br /><br />I also enjoy good spirits. I love a good Tequila.<br />If you ever get the chance, try El Tesoro. Excellent. If you like the flavor a little mellower, then try their Anejo. It is aged in oak barrels. Stay away from the Cuervo 1800 stuff that they try to sell as premium. Man, I have trouble giving that stuff away.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

Scoop,<br />Im sorry to say that I have consumed Hamms and it is the worst hangover i have ever had.<br />It was back in 1990(you never forget the worst hangover) and I was a junior in high school and me and a few friends were "skippping" school and we scraped our money together to buy the most of the cheapiest beer we could and that was Hamms. It was the first time I heard of it and I never drank it again.And I drink alot of beer.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I can understand Boatingfool. I have a friend that loves Hamms and Hamms light (Like theres a difference). It gives me a headache after two.

charleswmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I hope I'm not alone on this one but any beer is good as long as it is cold and washing down a good drink of Henry McKenna! Ps. It can't have any fruit sticking out of it either!<br />Charlie