What kind of beer do you like?

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I find as I get older, I don't drink as much beer as I used to. What I do drink tends to be the very flavorful types of beers. There are so many different types of beer out there, I was wondering what you like to drink.<br /><br />Here are some of my favorites.<br /><br />Kostitzer Black beer (Germany)<br />Capital Brewery Amber (USA)<br />Mackeson Triple Stout (England)<br />Omegang Ale (USA)<br />Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (USA)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: What kind of beer do you like?

Hey Scoop...<br /><br />Guess my taste is for Budweiser in the long neck bottles. Have tried others but just keep coming back to Bud. Tried a lot of Canadian brews but just didn't do anything for the pallet. I like high test Bud not the unleaded version.<br /><br />OBJim :cool: :cool:

NOSLEEP

Commander

Always seems some body has beers<br />that need to be drank. light beer<br />coors light. or any other beer!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

was weaned on the REAL Canadian beers, not the watered down version sold in the states....<br />Molson Brador is #1<br />Labatt's extra stock #2<br />"an honest brew makes it's own friends"<br />John Labatt<br />labatts Ice US version is pretty good too...<br />thirsty? ;)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Let me tell ya' a story about REAL CANADIAN BEER.<br /><br />Back in the late 70's we were at our favorite fishing area up in northern Quebec. The only hotel in town had a bar. One evening we went over to mingle with the local gentry and talk fishin' with the other guys at the camp. Well the bar didn't have any American beer so I tried Labatt's Blue. Not bad tasting. Don't remember much after midnight there bouts'. What I do remember is chumming the water the next day when we went out lake. Talk about KICK!!!!<br /><br />OBJim :D :D

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Homebrew is the best, if you can boil water you can make beer. The homebrew distributors have kits the mimic the taste and looks of most any commercial beer and at about 1/2 the price, plus you get the (I made it) bragging rights to your buddies, the only problem is having enough available, it goes quick. BTW, you can make the alcohol content to suit your needs or make it light if that floats your boat.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

My favorite beer is Absolute with a lime and ice. Second favorite beer is a blended whiskey.<br /><br />Sorry guys, I can't drink the stuff, or any malted beverage. But it took me 10 years to figure it out. :) :) :) <br /><br />Even one just doesn't sit right with my system. And I grew up in Milwaukee. Now you know why they run me out of town.

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

cold beer... his beer, her beer, and even my beer... very few I'd turn down. The first beer is generally the best of em all and the last one is the most coveted. Cheers to you all.

Moose_Miller

Petty Officer 1st Class

Guinness Draught... but I also keep a supply of Bud Light in the fridge for guests and other would-be cave men that don't appreciate a good beer :p

mattttt25

Commander

i think most people tend to drink the beer their fathers drank. then they spend a lifetime arguing why it's so much better than the rest.<br /><br />for me and dad, it's coors light.

Fishbusters

Ensign

Budwiser and dad never drank. I also like a lot of the local micro brews as well as a German beer named Grolsh for a change of pace. All of this considered I don't drink a lot of beer anymore for some reason it does not taste as good as it used to. I have to admit I am hooked on those new Skyy Blue malt beverages. The drinks of choice are a good Alabama Slammer(made correctly by the pitcher so you have to share it) followed closely by a good Whisky Sour either one is good with the A/S being more a summer drink and the W/S being anytime. Of course Jim Beam is good for a shot but mostly when doing shots any good whisky will do. <br />All this said I have not had anything "Hard" to drink since my wife's Christmas Party I think it was Sat Dec 14th. The last beer I had was last weekend with oysters and I only had 2. Beer is for complementing food and "hard" stuff for the fun of it.

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

Guinness.<br />Or almost any beer.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

"i think most people tend to drink the beer their fathers drank. then they spend a lifetime arguing why it's so much better than the rest."<br /><br />LOL. My Dad only bought BEER brand beer as it was cheap and he had three sons raiding his stock on a regular basis. Stuff is worse than rat pee as far as I'm concerned.<br /><br />Me, I try to only drink Canadian Micro Brews. Best flavour, no additives etc. and has a real kick. Worked for a brewery a couple years back and really learned to appreciate a good Micro brew. Nothing like taking a few, free, 2 litre bottles of Porter camping. <br /><br />Oh, and do watch out if you drink true Canadian stuff. About 50% more alcohol by volume.<br /><br />Hmmm....... Beeerrrrrr. :D

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here in Spain its Mahou Beer.... ice cold and in a frosted glass.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Here in New Zealand the beer's usually Lion Red or DB Bitter. There's other lines by the ton and I've tried most but keep comming back to 'Speights Old Dark'.<br />On a trip to the Chatham Islands (about as far away as you can get in NZ) I tried a local brew made on the island. Chatham Gold was the name and you drink it by the jug. What nobody told me wsas how its different from the rest. You see it gets you drunk from the feet up, not the usual way from the head down!<br />I had three jugs and went to go to the toilet when my feet refused to work. It was all they could do to keep me upright. My brain felt fine - for now.<br />I asked a local what the heck was going on and he asked how many I'd had. "Three's enough for us too!" he replied. "Can't get to bed otherwise!"<br />I tell you I drank that beer for a week and sure enough each night after three jugs I was ready to sleep. It took two nights for me to figure out to take the last jug to bed with me so I didn't have to remember how to walk!!!<br />Can't get it on the mainland though, there's a few mates I'd like to see try this one.<br />Ross

cotterman

Chief Petty Officer

molson export mostly, but anything cold will generally do.