What it means to be a Packer Fan.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Saturday night in Green Bay, the packers held a scrimmage. The Packer offence vs. the Packer defence at Lambeau Field. Not full contact and very few starters. Something like $8 per person to get in. IT WAS A SELLOUT! Over 60,000 fans showed up to watch and the game was carried statewide on TV. It was under two hours long.<br /><br />Sorry Dallas, America's team is owned by Americans (the fans themselves). But we did have people from TX who drove up to watch the scrimmage. What makes a Packer fan? Loyalty is definately a requirement. GO PACK!!!!!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: What it means to be a Packer Fan.

can smell the brats cooking at the tailgate party :D

gaugeguy

Captain

The Pack does have a very loyal fan base. I think it is very cool that the players ride the younger fans bikes after practice.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

The Packers have a great thing, and I have always admired them (despite Reggie White's whining after the game in which the 'Boys kicked about seven field goals and won the game). I even kinda pull for them most of the time. But, I am a Cowboy fan and have been since I saw them on TV the first time back in '62.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

We are the Green Bay Packers. My Bride and I, our Kids too, rarely miss a TV game. <br /><br />Gotta have them Upnort at the huntin' shack too. Can only get them on Fox, UHF ya know. Put that antenna on the shak along with a Channel Master preamp to pull that uhf signal in from 70 or so miles away.<br />
packant.jpg
<br /><br />Pack 'sposed to have a new defense scheem this year, more blitzing. GOGOGO PACKERS!!!!!! :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Not a sports fan at all but love your deer blind! :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Link!!! I may run coax from the shack to the blind. Hook coax up to 9" dc TV powered by a 115 ah marine batt. LOL. And maybe an extension cord to power a Ronco type wiener cooker to make up Brats!! LOL Considering that I now have power via the ex. cord, ditch the 9" dc, go with full blown flat screen mounted in upper corner like a tavern!! LOL Ah heck, might as well put a grill in for the brats. Next ya know, bellowed all through the woods..."Pat Campbell is cooking Jhonsinville Bratts" causing folks to come from miles around......ahhhh geeze, I digress again...<br /><br />Gotta have the Packers Game!!!!!

pokersurf

Recruit

Pat, At first sight I thought that was a pic of the wolf from NC State University Wolfpack...being that i'm from NC...Looks like a skunk after further investigation :) ...Eitherway, Go Pack!! I like the packers too...They're tough...What mascot is that? Just curious...Fish on and play poker every now and then.

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Packers, only team owned by the city that they play in. As I live in Green Bay, and support them, I gotta love them! What really amazes me is the support they get from people from other states. And we got a superbowl hero playing QB(Brett) from the south and he loves it up here. Don't tell Ladyfish, but there are plenty of Texan's that like my team. PDS

LadyFish

Admiral

Hey PDS, although I don't follow football much anymore, I have always liked the Packers.

NathanY

Commander

What it means to be a Packer Fan.
It means coming to Dallas and getting your A$$ kick back to Green Bay. :D <br /><br />Just messin around. Still fired up about achris' post. Sorry to mess yours up, but it had to be somebodies.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Nothing like being a Viking fan living in Wisconsin!!!!<br /><br /> :D :D :D

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I never thought a Viking fan could even SURVIVE in Wisconsin, much less live there!<br /><br /> :D <br /><br /><br />-dd-

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hey pokersurf, Pat's mascot is a badger. Bucky Badger in fact. Mascot for the University of Wisconsin - Madison.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

I am a Packer fan and Rarely miss a game, but the other half is a Vikings fan. I guess when you have lived in North Dakota and Iowa She didnt know any better....

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

The packers got a good thing going up there. I know of a man (packer season ticket holder) who went to a game by himself - his other seat was empty. Folks sitting around him asked about it, he told 'em his wife had just died a couple days ago. "Sorry about your wife, but couldn't you get any friends to come with you?" "Nope, they all wanted to go to the funeral."<br /><br />Now Jerry Jones wants us to pay for his new stadium, but will it belong to the city? Heck no!<br /><br />Sorry, Nathan, I haven't thought of the Cowboys as America's team since the Tom Landry/Roger Staubach days. I haven't even watched a Cowboys game since...well, when was the last time they had a roster with no felony convictions? At least, not since Michael Irvin started dressing like a ****.<br /><br />Jerry Jones is pure evil, well okay, he did hire Parcells - let's see if he (JJ) can keep his fingers out of the pie long enough for Parcells to do his thing.<br /><br />By the way, who remembers the ice bowl? How old were you? (I was eight).

NathanY

Commander

While I agree with you jtexas, I cant help but have a fierce loyalty to the players of old like Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Leon Lett, Nate Newton, Daryl Johnston and all those other guys. I wish that JJ would move on down the road, but for now we are stuck with him.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sorry boys, cowboys suck!<br />at least this year... look at parcell's record<br />2nd yr. with new team! <br />go Bills! :D <br />hey nate, betcha a buck Bills have better record<br />this yr???<br />PS. daryl J. is local product from youngstown. ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

To fulfill a promise made three years ago after our first SB win, I am getting the Patriots logo tatoo'd on my calf in about 2 hours :rolleyes: <br /><br />Drunken promises...I can't count them all :D