What is your earliest childhood memory?

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer
I remember getting bucked off my grandpa's old mule as a 5-year-old kid.<br /><br />You'd think we could remember earlier than that, but I don't remember anything prior to that time.<br /><br />How about you?

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: What is your earliest childhood memory?

4 years old (I think). Snow sledding with my father down the dividing grass in the centre of the M1 motorway in England. I think it was the M1?<br /><br />And going to school dressed as batman.<br /><br />Aldo

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Throwing poo at my sister when I was still in diapers and in a crib. This is confirmed by her memory of me flinging poo at her when I was still in diapers and in a crib. Other than that I remember bits and flashes, mostly places.

NathanY

Commander

My doctor tells me not to try to remember to much due to having flashbacks and relapses.

crab bait

Captain

bringing home a bunch-o- kids from kindergarden after school.. to see 'my cave'.. <br /><br />when we all gathered there to see it an they found out it was just an alley way .. they all jumped me an beat me up..<br /><br />HEY,, it wasn't a lie.. !! it was a cave to me..

Twidget

Commander

I must have been about 3. My sister had a little pony tail and was in diapers. Our floors were highly polished(my mom had a thing for polished floors) and I used to grab her pony tail and spin her around on her butt. She would go like a top for a while til she got scared.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Being put into a child car seat to go and get my father from the lake he was learning to sail on. Think I was about a year old, but all my really early memories are centred around boats in one way or another

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Sitting on the lap of a man I am not sure who. I remember playing with a pencil in the front pocket of his bib overalls. It was one of those flat carpenters pencils from the old days. Must have bene my grandfather because he always wore bib overalls and carried a flat carpenters pencil in the front pocket, or so I have bene told. He died shortly before my first birthday.<br /><br />Also remember about the same time sitting in the back of a station wagon in the parking lot of what must have been a hospital It was hot and I was scared, my cousins and aunt were there. I think that was shortly before my grandfather died.

gaugeguy

Captain

I guess I was 3 or so and my parents plopped me down into a kiddie pool buck naked, and then my neighbors plopped their daughter who was about the same age, naked into the same pool. She kept asking questions about the differences in our anatomy that I couldn't answer...

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

The clock in the delivery room, couldn't tell what time it said, this was confirmed by my mother and her/our doctor...sl

dolluper

Captain

Grtting chased by a turkey at my Uncles farm I was 2 at the time now I just eat them

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Sitting on a blanket on the lawn as a toddler. Probably between 2 and 3 yrs. I have no photos of this, but my mom says she used to set me on a blanket like that while she hung the laundry to dry. Also playing with toy dinosaurs & trucks next to my folks bed when my mom was really sick and bed ridden. I was 3.<br /><br />Then there is this long period where I can't remember anything. Then there is this morning....

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> Grtting chased by a turkey at my Uncles farm I was 2 at the time now I just eat them
Ahhhh, sweet revenge :D

Laddies

Banned

I remember the neighbors home burning I was 3 or 4 --Bob

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Sitting in the front seat of my fathers Studebaker with a speedometer that didn't work & wondering how he knew how fast he was going.<br />Probably 3 or 4 years old.

NYMINUTE

Captain

around 4 years, trying to get the people out of the new B&W TV we got. I thought they could see and hear me. ????? They can't???

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

At about age 4.<br /><br />We lived in the country and burned our trash in a pit. I was playing in the sand piled up from the digging of the pit, filling my little bucket and throwing it onto the fire.<br /><br />I fell into the fire on my hands and knees. My little brother went screaming to the back door and my stepfather got out of his sickbed (WWI vet with major lung damage from mustard gas), climbed down into the fire and handed me out to my mom.<br /><br />I don't (mercifully, I guess) remember what happened after that. I still have scars on my knees from the third degree burns.

SoulWinner

Commander

My earliest memory is from when I was between 1 and 1.5 years old. It ain't pleasant.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I was 5 I think,got kicked in the face by a colt.Broke my nose,mostly remember being scared I was going to get in trouble.

mattttt25

Commander

standing outside our home in kinderhook, ny during the winter. snow was higher than me. i think i was 4.