What is this?

MeanyMan

Cadet
Just bought this boat Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW, does any one have any idea what this is? It is located on the rear bottom of the boat. It's not the drain plug as it it on the other side of the boat. Looks like a glass dome with 3 small LED light in it. I could be wrong.What is this.jpg

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Looks to me like an under water light with a missing lens

MeanyMan

Cadet
Looks to me like an under water light with a missing lens
That's what I thought, but if it is a under water light, I sure ask heck can't find a switch for it....LOL and why would you have an under water in the rear for?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
That's what I thought, but if it is a under water light, I sure ask heck can't find a switch for it....LOL and why would you have an under water in the rear for?
Underwater lights have been a trend for quite awhile now. While some are functional (like for fishing) others are purely decoration. Like cars & trucks with underbody or wheel well lights. :rolleyes:

underwater lights.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
That is an under water light mounted in the drain plug flange

It may be there for fishing or swimming, or wanting something "cool"

MeanyMan

Cadet
Thanks for all the answers. It has to be a light. Now have to find the switch for it....LOL

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
May be wired to the all around. May be the aux switch

Who knows how the prior owner wired it

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
If lens cap is gone wont work. Unscrew it and note color of wires before you cut them to replace. My bet is wired into the running and anchor light switch so by knowing the wire colors might confirm that.

That said, it looks like it was put in a drain hole, possibly a floor or livewell drain?