What is this?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I am certain there are tons of questions with this new forum format. However, I posted a new post recently and when I was finished, I noticed an "eye" aside of my new post, and nobody else's post has one!. I hovered over it with the mouse and it stated "watched thread". So exactly what does that mean, and seems it either that post didn't really get posted OR not one person has even read it, IDK. Also what are "media's", "reaction score" and "trophy points" all about? Is there one place to go and get some education all about this new format?

Fun Times

Staff member
Watched means you are watching that thread and every time something new happens in that thread you'll get an Alert notice which will show up in Red with a number by the Bell icon on the very upper right hand side of the page in-between the Mail icon and Search feature.

To turn on/off this and other features like it, you could click on your username, find and open "Preferences" and scroll down a bit and turn on and off the options as you'd want them to work best for you.

Reaction score will be from any "Likes" you receive from your posts such as the one I just did for you as an example.;)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What FT said.

I have the Watch options turned off in Preferences so my email box doesn't fill up. But if I decide to watch a thread, click the Watch button on the right side above the first post and select email options. If I decide I've watched enough, the Watch button has been turned to Unwatch. Click it and the eye disappears and emails are turned off.

Media is a place for you to store pictures, videos, etc.

Reaction Score and Trophy Points are similar to the Reputation bars in the old forum. Reaction score is based on a ratioed number of posts. Trophy Points are awarded based on the number of posts you make and how many likes you get. This is part of the point awarding criteria;

xentrophies.png

gm280

Supreme Mariner
What FT said.

I have the Watch options turned off in Preferences so my email box doesn't fill up. But if I decide to watch a thread, click the Watch button on the right side above the first post and select email options. If I decide I've watched enough, the Watch button has been turned to Unwatch. Click it and the eye disappears and emails are turned off.

Media is a place for you to store pictures, videos, etc.

Reaction Score and Trophy Points are similar to the Reputation bars in the old forum. Reaction score is based on a ratioed number of posts. Trophy Points are awarded based on the number of posts you make and how many likes you get. This is part of the point awarding criteria;

View attachment 327056
Thanks Fun Times and GA_Boater for explaining this to me. Seems I am not as computer savvy as I once was decades ago. That's what happens when you retire. New computer ideas continue and new formats don't stop, but you, or I should say, I did... lol