What is this wiring connector?

Tailguner

Seaman
I have a 2008 Rinker 276BR with volvo penta 8.1 and DPS-A drive. I'm trying to find the trim tilt wiring and I think this connector may be it but looking for confirmation. The connector is connected to a long flat cable that is bundled up behind the engine near the transom in the engine bay. can anyone confirm this is indeed the trim/tilt connector??

Attachments

• wire plug.jpg
    wire plug.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 25

alldodge

Staff member
Not positive from the pic but the wire colors are correct for trim

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Likely the connection where you can add a stern tilt switch

Tailguner

Seaman
2Xs with AD on the color. Does your power trim work?
yes it works but i want to add remote tilt switch using mercruiser part # 87-815200A02. I have read it will work with VP systems so long as the connector is the same.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
It would be easy to splice into the wires to install a remote switch.

Scott06

Admiral
yes it works but i want to add remote tilt switch using mercruiser part # 87-815200A02. I have read it will work with VP systems so long as the connector is the same.
Even if the connectors are not the same you can make your own from -to cable if you go on line you can find these marine and automotive connectors and make up what you need

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
cut off the connectors for the wiring harness and the Mercruiser trim switch and use these.
They are the connectors Cobalt uses throughout their boats.

Tailguner

Seaman
cut off the connectors for the wiring harness and the Mercruiser trim switch and use these.
They are the connectors Cobalt uses throughout their boats.
Bruce thats exactly what i did....