What is this 68 Evinrude 40 Adjustment Screw?

LawReed

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 23, 2020
Messages
7
I have a 1968 Evinrude 40 HP Lark 40873D. I can’t find out what the red circled adjust screw is for in my manual. Any help would be appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • C9D4460C-75B1-4B6C-8542-9A60BD892364.jpeg
    C9D4460C-75B1-4B6C-8542-9A60BD892364.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

racerone

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
39,967
The idle speed stop screw.-----Allows you to adjust happy ---" no stall when shifting "---- idle rpm.
 

LawReed

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 23, 2020
Messages
7
The idle speed stop screw.-----Allows you to adjust happy ---" no stall when shifting "---- idle rpm.
Doesn’t seem to do much on my motor. Maybe I have something else out of adjustment also
 

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
9,612
That is a throttle adjustment. Just below it, there is a carb adjustment (air/fuel mix) -- also affects idle.

What issue are you trying to correct?
 

racerone

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
39,967
Maybe other parts missing.----Bring it over I think I can sort it out.
 

racerone

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
39,967
Maybe 312597 is missing.----I recall it is a plastic part.
 
Top