What Is The Max Engine Size

Downrigger

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1992 Trophy WA2002 20' and can't seem to find the spec plate on the boat. Can anyone tell me the max engine size for the boat. My POS 150 Force bit the dust the other day and I have a line on a 175 salt water rated Evenrude as a re-power. The shop won't install it unless the boat is rated for it and I don't have a cue where the spec plate is.

Larry8)

mole2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What Is The Max Engine Size

You might have to call Bayliner to get the information. The newer (2000+) Trophy 2002 models max out at 175hp. But there is a difference in the hulls. You might want to ask this question over at the Bayliner Owners Club also. URL is http://www.baylinerownersclub.org

Wicked1

Recruit

For a 1992 Bayliner Trophy 2002 it is max'd at 175HP, they came with 125 originally and there were several options, 135, 150, and max 175.

anyone installing engines can find this info out from trophy.com

Wicked1

futbal2332

Seaman Apprentice

im looking at a 1986 21ft trophy with a johnson 150 1988 on it, anyone know whats the max hp i could put on it, trophyfishing.com doesnt have anything ahout older tropthys

BVPBill

Cadet

I've got a 1997 2002 and it had a 120 Force on it when I bought it.
I wanted a 4s in a couple of years. Got a 140 Suzuki and have been happy ever since. Great mpg, gets out of the hole and tops out at about 32 - GPS. Max hp is recommended 175 - BUT that was 2s and the 4s are heavier.
Mine needed a little bow weight to make her sit better.
Anything else, let me know.
I just discovered this forum and will check in regularly.
Thanks,
Bill

I know this post is old - maybe someone can use this info.
B

Downrigger

Seaman Apprentice

FYI-Found out the max size for my 1992 WA2002 was 175 and put a 1998 175 Merc on it. WOW! What a huge difference compared to the POS Force 150 that was on it. The Force would barely bring the boat up to plane, the Merc could pull a skier with a 20 MPH headwind. The Force finally bit the dust and seized up on my leaving me stranded and on the kicker 10 miles out. Best thing that ever could have happened. Tore it down and sold over $800 worth of parts on eBay from it.

Now my problem is I have to carry a fuel tank in the cuddy for my kicker which is not oil injected. Love the oil injection on the Merc though. Much easier to deal with. Got a 175 Merc with <300 hours on it, mostly in fresh water, for $3000. What a deal and a turn key engine. Trolls at idle all day without loading up.

JohnQ-FWB

Seaman

Got just the solution to that fuel tank under foot, eliminate it by plumbing in a Raccor dual outlet fuel filter into an OMC 2 cycle Oiler, and out to the Kicker. Go to The Bayliner Owners Club website photo albums, page 5 -- JohnQ ( http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/gallery/album326 ) The pics are just a little out of date. I have since got rid of that POS Garrlick kicker bracket and replaced it with an OMC kicker bracket. That necessitated moving the OMC 2 stroke Oiler. I remounted it to the backside of that hatch door. Very convenient for filling with oil, just open the hatch and it is right there, no more spilling 2 cycle oil inside that hatch area. :cool:

Downrigger

Seaman Apprentice

Got just the solution to that fuel tank under foot, eliminate it by plumbing in a Raccor dual outlet fuel filter into an OMC 2 cycle Oiler, and out to the Kicker. Go to The Bayliner Owners Club website photo albums, page 5 -- JohnQ ( http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/gallery/album326 ) The pics are just a little out of date. I have since got rid of that POS Garrlick kicker bracket and replaced it with an OMC kicker bracket. That necessitated moving the OMC 2 stroke Oiler. I remounted it to the backside of that hatch door. Very convenient for filling with oil, just open the hatch and it is right there, no more spilling 2 cycle oil inside that hatch area. :cool:

I can't find a "OMC 2 cycle Oiler" listed anywhere on the net for purchase. Where did you get that product and how reliable is it for supplying the oil at the proper mixture to the engine.

Larry

JohnQ-FWB

Seaman

I can't find a "OMC 2 cycle Oiler" listed anywhere on the net for purchase. Where did you get that product and how reliable is it for supplying the oil at the proper mixture to the engine.

Larry

Try searching for it as "AccuMix" or something like that.:)