What is the best way to get a name off of gel?

KaGee

Admiral
Re: What is the best way to get a name off of gel?

What i meant was... will oven cleaner work for taking off trim tape??

Alexo1us

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> What i meant was... will oven cleaner work for taking off trim tape??
What I used was a razor to start them and as I lifted them. For the most part if your carful you can pull off whole strips then I just went over the area with acitone.<br />Go slow and be careful as a razor can do damage.<br />Alex

KaGee

Admiral

The problem is, my stripes are cracked, they will never pull off whole. Come off an inck or so at a time. My son got off one, but like you already warned, did a good job knicking up the gel.

Hotrods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Took mine off with the power washer. took 10 minutes. both sides of the boat BAM!!! Done!!

Alexo1us

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> The problem is, my stripes are cracked, they will never pull off whole. Come off an inck or so at a time. My son got off one, but like you already warned, did a good job knicking up the gel.
I went a got one of those scrappers that take the razors blades and found if hold it flat against the fiberglass it is easy to slide under the tape helps also to prevent nicking. but mine to came off in 6 to 8 inch lenths as well. I was lucky enough to have all mine on flat surface with room to spare go slow and you should be ok.<br />Alex