FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Okay, it could be either an Eska engine or a Tecumseh engine. Sear Ted Williams used both to produce them. Not sure that is what you were asking about...
Okay, it could be either an Eska engine or a Tecumseh engine. Sear Ted Williams used both to produce them. Not sure that is what you were asking about...
You don't have an air filter and outboards seldom have one. For a pitiful parts diagram, here is Sears and most parts are not available through Sears. Heck, Sears itself is almost unavailable.
I actually had one decades ago. It was my first outboard engine.
I bought it cheaply and it needed an ignition module. Once I installed the module, it cranked and run very well for what it was. I mean I was very young and just wanted to go fishing. It did get me there and back lots of times. I never had any issues with it.
Then the upgrade to a brand new out of the box 9.8 Mercury engine. Night and day difference. That 9.8 made that little 12' Feather Craft fly. I actually planned out that boat then.
But the little 7.5 HP Sears did it's job and never let me down.
Those old Ted Williams 7.5 Tecumsehs were LOUD,
My Dad's buddy had one and it seemed to make more racket than it did pushing the boat, but it always ran.
Yes, Tecumseh is out of the business. However, a few years back I rebuilt a horizontal shaft Tecumseh engine and did find the piston, rings and connecting rod. And bought the engine casing used but like new (it throw a rod). So (some) parts are still available for what it's worth.