What is it with Buick's (Rant)

NYMINUTE

Captain
Why is it everytime I get close to Buick,it is going 10 MPH under the speed limit, or take 30 additonal seconds to proceed after a light changes. Are they getting little Gold Stars from the law enforcement personnel? They are not always elderly. Is there something in the owners manual that make these Do-Gooders drive like they were in Drivers Ed. with Mrs. Beasly? Maybe all Buicks should come with a Handicapped Emblem on all 4 sides as standard equipment. Now I know why the WHO said " hope I die before I get old" They were behind a bloody BUICK!!!! Out.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is it with Buick's (Rant)

'cause they don't have Ramblers to buy any more. :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Time for your afternoon Ridlin?<br /><br />Actually, I said before I retired there's several behaviors I'm going to concentrate on; get in the left lane and drive slow, on Saturday afternoon, turn my shopping cart crossways of the aisle at Walmart and look like I don't remember why I'm there; and spend an inordinate amount of time digging for change at the grocery check-out. Oh yea, and buy a Buick.<br /><br />I'm still working on perfection of these.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

God put us here to teach you guys patience... :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Complain all you want guys, your day is coming.<br />Actually I still drive fast (too fast according to LF & the daughter), can't stand people who cruise in the passing lane and avoid Wally world like the plague but I have noticed lately that my new truck doesn't turn the blinkers off very good. :D <br />I will never buy a Buick.

D

DJ

It's not the car, it's the occupants.<br /><br />I've NEVER had a speeding ticket in my life. I find traffic violations a huge waste of money that is better spent on outboard parts and fishing tackle.

JRJ

Commander

My folks had a 1950 something Straight-8 Buick. Had a neat sound to it. Passed most everything on the road as I remember it :cool: My Dad got on down the road.

D

DJ

I have a soft spot for Buicks. <br /><br />My first car was a 1970 GS-455 Stage I. If you dared call it slow, you got your doors blown off.<br /><br />I remember the first time my mother drove it. She said it had "lot's of pep". :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Man, gots to love them big blocks.<br />Had one of them Olds 455's in a Nova. :eek: Talking about rocking. :D <br /><br />Puts me in mind of what's her face singing that song, "Rocket 455" :cool:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

could be worse. could be a volvo wagon with a turttle top and northern plates :) :)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I don't know about them driving slow but I do know where one is for sale. Go to China Star on Valley Mills in Waco Texas. In the mens restroom it has "FOR A GREAT BUICK CALL 555-1212".

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fromm the Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/2000/autos/0002/10/02100177.htm <br />
The median age of a Buick owner is 67 years, according to the research firm AutoPacific in Southfield. Even luxury brands Cadillac, with an average age of 65, and Lincoln, at 63, are slightly more youthful.
Now you know why they're a bit slow :rolleyes: <br /><br />I'm so happy, based on those stats I don't have to buy a Buick for another 7 years. But, do I have to trade in my Lincoln on something "younger?" :D :D

TilliamWe

Banned

When I was 27 I got a 1999 Buick Century as a company car. My father teased me about it being an "Old Man's Car"! (and my mom drives an Oldsmobile, but it is an Aurora). I could have gotten a 2000 Century, but with his ribbing and the fact that a girl I really liked said that she liked Impalas, I got a 2000 Impala!<br />NY Minute must have never been behind me from Feb 1999 to March 2000, or he would realize they aren't ALL slow!

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

I love my"Big Green Machine" 94 Buick Park Ave. Dave :D :D

rogerwa

Commander

My Father in law has the 94 Green Park Avenue Ultra with the supercharged 3800 V6. The reason that they are going so slow is that with the soft ride they can't tell their going slow. It all feels the same.

Link

Rear Admiral

Buick cant be all bad (Opel GT) my bad my bad :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> I don't know about them driving slow but I do know where one is for sale. Go to China Star on Valley Mills in Waco Texas. In the mens restroom it has "FOR A GREAT BUICK CALL 555-1212".
You rock Ken. That is great. :D

one more cast

Captain

When I was a kid my uncle Tony had a Buick wildcat convertible and that thing wasn't slow.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> but I have noticed lately that my new truck doesn't turn the blinkers off very good. :D <br />I will never buy a Buick.
That si all ok, Mr. LF...the main problem I see is that almost EVERY vehicle out there has a problem with the blinkers turning ON!!!<br /><br />Makes me wonder if they are being produced these days with them installed???????