What have you hauled up?

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What have you hauled up?

Had a buddy that was fishing in lake erie.....Snagged something big, that wasnt fighting but taking forever to real in,lots of drag.....The lure finally came loose....The very next day, another boater found a body floating in the same area he was fishing...(coincidence?) Not sure....Dont really want to know the truth either.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've hooked a few logs :D :D <br /><br />Seriously, a complete fishing pole, reel line. Was reeling it up and there was a guy on a dock 20 feet away that said "Did you just catch a pole?" I said yes. He said he just lost it on a fish off of his dock the night before. Gave it back to him :( :rolleyes: :) :)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I hooked a speargun once, but the spear was still stuck in something tough on the bottom and the tether broke. Not sure I want to know what it was stuck in, the bottom was mud where I found it.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I pulled up an opened umbrella last year. That thing fought me for an hour. It was full of sand. :D
That's enough to really p*ss you off. Then again, I'd probably laugh when I realized the irony.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

A Rifle.. (catch & release)<br /><br />Milk crates, buckets, garbage bags, tree branches.. I'm good at catching stick fish.. :D

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

My next door neighbour pulled up a body with its hands tied togther with rope ,he tried to tow it in but lost it ,it was never seen again he however was in shock and ate virtually nothing for three months he was skin and bone ,he's ok now

Ralph 123

Captain

Lobster traps with live lobsters :eek: Darn things always seem to find my hook. I've caught them from beaches, from jetties, bridges and from boats. If there is one anywhere around, chances are good I'll get snagged on it.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> Lobster traps with live lobsters :eek: Darn things always seem to find my hook. I've caught them from beaches, from jetties, bridges and from boats. If there is one anywhere around, chances are good I'll get snagged on it.
Sounds like I need to fish with you :)

molsenice

Petty Officer 2nd Class

was fishing in the salmon river in upstate NY, a buddy hooked another lure in the eyelet, there was another thing hooked to the lure he hooked, a 25lb salmon - nice catch - I got the lure.

Marauderk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rod & Reel <br />colt 1911 <br />crab trabs <br />john boat <br />rocks <br /> <br />and a 25 pound trolling motor

I am surprised with all these finds that my experience hasn't happened to few more of you.<br />Remember 'Jaws'? I think it was No2 when the winch caught on an electric cable which led to the demise of one Great White. It happened to me just off Portland Harbour breakwater wall a couple of years back, caught up on a 3" cable which come from one of the WW2 Pillboxes on the breakwater, I hauled it up from 90' by hand, darn near killed me that did, I let go of that rope so fast the anchor unhooked itself and the cable disappeared back into the gloom. Phew!<br />Cheers.

ehenry

Commander

The wierdest thing I hauled up was a window unit air conditioner.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My son hauled in a can near a dam. It fought pretty good because of the current. <br /><br />My grandfather caught a fishing pole. It was one he lost a few years before. He took a trip to Canada with my uncles once a year so it was really a coincidence

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I once hooked up 20 litres (5 gallons) of unopened Australian Navy anti fouling paint, guess it must have fallen or was tossed off a passing ship, sold it to a professional fisherman who had a moored boat, made a few bucks out of it!