What have you hauled up?

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer
I started thinking today about what happened to me last year. I was at one of my old fishing holes and made my cast. <br /><br />I hooked something (not a fish :( ). I started pulling and up came a fishing pole. Rod and real. Nothing to write home about but makes you wonder what else is down there.<br /><br />While fishing or with an anchor or anything else..............what have you hauled up?

D

DJ

Re: What have you hauled up?

As a SCUBA diver, I can only attest to the "junk" that is on the bottom.<br /><br />When in college, I used to pay for my trips by gathering, lures, anchors, what-not. I traded the "stuff" fo air, camping sites, etc.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I have never hauled up anything of interest!!! Like you, a couple of rods and an old net!!! Some boats have hauled up unexploded underwater mines, which have never exploded on deck!!! ;) :cool:

dolluper

Captain

Year ago I was on the lake and I was trying to pull the big one in and my line snapped so I cast again same result couldn't figger it out But then a friend of mine was up and he dives so I took him to the spot and he went down to see if he could find anything He did he found my line and lures hooked on a 38 Plymouth We found out years long ago people crossed the lake in the winter with their cars This one didn't make it, it went through the ice in 56 and they never tried to recover it My same diving buddy did recover the car since that's part of his business and is restoring it remarkalbe the condition it's in He wouldn't let me hang it on the wall can't figger :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

I pulled up an opened umbrella last year. That thing fought me for an hour. It was full of sand. :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Well, ummm there was once this transient hitch hiking across the nation. He stopped to bathe in a canal. The current was more than he expected as near as could be figured. Not much of a fight to that one, but it took most of an afternoon.<br /><br />Then we hauled up the drunk kid that decided to dive off of the face of the dam, about 100 feet. <br />When the engineers drained the spillway at the dam for routine 50 year maintenance we drug up a newspaper rack that had been stolen, several firearms that had been stolen, a handfull of old coins also stolen, a transmission, a car door, and a toilet.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Interesting things that i've pulled up are, a hair wig, a lawn chair, and various articles of clothing from timt to time, the best one was an old rusted bicycle.

TilliamWe

Banned

DD, I just knew you'd be the one to find icky things!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This reminds me of a story about an iboats member and a anchor but I won't go there.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

A Detroit Tigers cap, that had been filled with rocks.<br /><br />Last weekend I rescued a bass boat seat floating in the lake.

sloopy

Commander

1. a British seagull outboard<br />2. lots of wheels<br />4. dock parts<br />5. my tools<br />6. a 550 pound mushroom anchor... (it was stuck to my new fortress anchor and I was not going to loose it, but that anchor is now ties to my dock<br />7. barrels full of concrete<br />8. Trees<br />9. a manikin (Sp) scared the **** out of me because it was wrapped in chains and had clothes on it... I guess who ever put it there was getting ready for the real thing. The clothes were turned into rags and the chain was galvanized so it is now my new anchor chain (40 feet!) ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Nothing of interest, but I do wonder what I may have missed.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SLOOPY:<br /> 1. a British seagull outboard<br />2. lots of wheels<br />4. dock parts<br />5. my tools<br />6. a 550 pound mushroom anchor... (it was stuck to my new fortress anchor and I was not going to loose it, but that anchor is now ties to my dock<br />7. barrels full of concrete<br />8. Trees<br />9. a manikin (Sp) scared the **** out of me because it was wrapped in chains and had clothes on it... I guess who ever put it there was getting ready for the real thing. The clothes were turned into rags and the chain was galvanized so it is now my new anchor chain (40 feet!) ;)
Heck with hauling anything up.<br />Give me Sloop's winch. :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

didn't haul it up, but saw a cooler just floating up againt a bank on the river. went to go look at it....everyone always needs another fish cooler. Get up to it and it is a brand new maxcold 5 day cooler with the stickers still on it. only missing the drain cap. got it back to the house...there was a 12 pak coors, 1 un-opened bottle of yegermeister and some subway sandwhiches. kept the yegermeister (yuk), gave the beer to my neighbor - don't drink coors and threw sandwiches away. in the bottom of the cooler was the plug cap!

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Nice kelton. Good finds are hard to come by, but tell me. Was the Beer still cold? ;) :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

beer was not cold....they didn't have any ice in it.....but I don't use that cooler for a fish cooler....way too nice....

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Fishing Lake Erie last spring, 40 plus feet of water, pulled up a rock....yes a rock. About the size of a baseball and almost as round. It had a patch of green stuff (moss?) growing on it. I snagged the green stuff and landed the baby. It was the first thing “in the boat” that day so my brother threw it in the cooler. We proceeded to have an unbelievable day of Perch fishing. My brother still has the rock.