What have Volvo Penta done to their web site, it is a disaster.

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have spent several hours trying to find parts that normally would take just a few minutes. I just need the part numbers so I can order bits.
I am forced to go to a local site in whatever country then they want serial numbers etc.
I know what the parts are called, I just need the part numbers.
Am I the only one or are others suffering too?

Fun Times

Staff member
At quick glance the VP parts website does seem to have changed a bit… I recall the VP websites out there had a few ways of searching for parts either by serial number, product number or model number type example 5.7 GXI-J, etc.. So in order to find parts it always best to input some sort of basic info and the following VP site seems to offer that which shows the part numbers below…, https://www.volvopenta.com/shop/523...mber=&product=&serialOrProductNumber=&size=10

What engine info is yours?

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Volvo's site has changed for it's marine dealers as well. They started restructuring in late 2020. They even closed down their entire Canadian division in Canada. I think they wanted to make their schematics/sites all similar to their heavy duty stuff not exactly 100% sure but I haven't liked it.
I can search your 5.0gipwtr under makes but a lot of the parts schematics don't show pictures anymore.

Fun Times

Staff member
5.0gipwtr
Oh wow, just seen that… For now then I’d recommend using iboats parts look up as they still seem to use a parts diagram with photos and part numbers below… Example, here should be the quoted engine model, https://www.volvopentastore.com/Mar...on_id.750050571--store_id.366--view_id.765176

You should be able to search most all engines just not sure of brand new 2020 + stuff.

Start a new Search from here, https://www.volvopentastore.com/Eng...unc.volvo--session_id.750050571--store_id.366

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Computer and website people are forever making changes.-----No idea why !!

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
A 'Make Work' scenario to create/ensure Job Security
It was nice to have the Volvo warehouse in Canada. Everything was next day. They ship parts out of the US now... We still get them quicker than Merc parts

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
But the IT people make changes/improvements, just to Rationalize/Justify their existence.

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Whoever the IT people sold it to and who approved it needs to get another job elsewhere.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
But the IT people make changes/improvements, just to Rationalize/Justify their existence.
The whole shove a million people into IT and programming and you have phone apps that are updated every 2 months, websites that are made to be phone friendly for an exec, however useless for the rest of us.

My step son works for an company that does IT/App development for companies like comcast and others. 90% of what he does is fluffware and fixing the programming from india