What happened to iboats?

orca

Chief Petty Officer
Something strange has been happening to iboats in my area, for the last 3 weeks I have not been able to find iboats, I have tried a number of different computers in different areas, I have even asked friends 100km away to look up iboats, we all got the same message, unable to find site. Today I just typed in iboats.com and presto! you were all here, happily posting without me, was this problem noticed by anyone else?<br />Im glad to be back :p

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: What happened to iboats?

:) Also noticed that when i click on iboats that the reply or post new topic comes on first and then you click on the iboats forum at the top!!!<br /><br />Never had too before!!! ;) :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

KiWi-Phil still can't get on. It's Optus that is having problems with getting in here.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I'm back, at least I think I'm back.<br />Just for the hell of it I punched in uboats just now and it worked. <br />Havn't been able to get on for what seems weeks. Had completely given up too.<br />Even my e-mails to iboats were returned.<br />I am with Optus. When I went to them, they too couldn't get iboats. Reckoned iboats were blocking them.<br />Life is boring with out watching the dog fights on this channel.<br /> ;) <br />Got a new boat too (2.5yrs old). Well.........I have paid for it anyway. First thing I have ever bought over the internet.Coming from Sydney, 1,200 K south, so just have to hope someone dosn't knock it off in transit.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hows things on the Sunshine Coast Phil? its a nice time of the year to be there as I recall.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

You are dead right there Grant. Wouldn't swap it for nothing.<br />What parts are you from.<br />Is Doubtless Bay on the Akaroa Peninsula?<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Another MIA just sent an email.<br />Pointer94 can not get on now for some strange reason.<br />Says he is getting a "site is off limits" error.

sangerwaker

Commander

Yeah, haven't seen Pointer in quite awhile. Hmmmmm, wonder what's up?

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

There's been a lot of us down under that havn't been able to get to iboats.<br />I dont know what the problem was but it seems to be working fine at present.<br /><br />Peter

Kiwi Phil

Commander

You with Optus Peter?<br />Cheers<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hey Phil, how are you?<br /><br />Just spent the last 4 days in your part of the world, didn't want to leave.<br /><br />How far inland are you from Caloundra?<br /><br />Aldo

Kiwi Phil

Commander

You what????<br />I am 20 min Nth of Brisbane, (20 min Sth of Caloundra)just off the Bruce Highway (motorway, either at Burpengary, or Caboolture, or Morayfield) - only 10 mins away from motorway at most.<br />Now Aldo, please don't tell me you drove up via Sydney.<br />I have bought (sight unseen) a Whittley Impala and it is sitting in a Sydney trucking yard waiting for a lift.<br />It is certainly nice up here at the moment. No humidity, good temps. Autum and winter are best seasons.<br />You got family up here?<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Dunaruna

Admiral

No family, just very good friends in Brissy. It was her 45th birthday so we flew up Thursday to surprise her, knocked on their door 11.30 at night - surprise!!!!!!!<br /><br />They had already booked a motel in Caloundra for the long weekend so we changed the booking from a one bedroom to a two bedroom and went with them (drove from Brissy to Cal).<br /><br />Rained all weekend but a nice holiday just the same. My friend is about to start building a shopping mall in Burpengary, he's the project manager (if you're in Cal soon, check out the "points north" apartment block, that's one of his current projects). Apparently it is earmarked as the next 'boom' area. Like you need more 'boom' areas :rolleyes: .<br /><br />Whittley has a great reputation. Did you get it checked over first? <br /><br />Aldo

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Kiwi Phil,<br />No to Optus. I am on Telecom here but there must be a common link in there somewhere.<br /><br />Mine is working OK now though.<br /><br />Peter