FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1982 5HP Gamefisher Model number 217.585510 TG<br />I just looked it up a few minutes ago for a friend that I know is going to ask when I see him.<br /><br />1AM Christmas day and this is what I'm doing???<br />I'm waiting up to catch Santa
Hi MY<br />And thanks. Thats where I got my information also by doing a search here at iboats. The service manual (such as it is) didn't address the TG at all either. Going to be dropping off the information and manual with his wife at the cafe where she works in a few minutes. (good excuse to have a cup of coffee) <br />The old saying what goes around comes around is true here again. It was because of a Sears Game Fisher that I owned last April, how I found IBOATS while doing a google search.<br />TTYL<br /><br />Link
Greetings Link: I have this service manual(11th edition by intertec) and in the Sears or Eska sections they make no note to the words tg after the serial # . Maybe short for tag?? Who knows.<br />Anyway you mention you had or have a gamefisher, I have a 1980-7.5hp and just had a hell-la time finding some carb parts so I can rebuild the carb.<br />I ordered the parts through marine discouint which I found out about on this forum. Have you ever had a prob. with gas leaking out of the carb before you start it up?? I'm kind of new to the boating scene so any advice would be appreciate. Thanks BB
BB, it's always best to start your own thread<br />here if you have a question, otherwise folks<br />may not notice it.<br />sears/eska air cooled motors are the same tecumsah<br />powerhead used in many lawnmowers. get parts at<br />the local mower shop. spilling gas as described<br />means the float or check valve is malfunctioning.<br />good luck,<br />M.Y.