What do you do with your giblets????

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: What do you do with your giblets????

Trash, won't even consider that slop for my dog's.

LadyFish

Admiral

I sometimes make a broth with them. Toss onions, carrots and celery and boil them for about an hour. I add broth to the dressing. I cut up gizzards/giblets and add to dressing too.

Link

Rear Admiral

Boil them up and feed it to the cats...

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Right on tcube...<br /><br />Like Ladyfish said but then mince them and put them in the gravy and/or dressing.

oddjob

Commander

gravy...........(what is a giblet..exactly?) :rolleyes:

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Its none of anyone business what I do with my giblets. This is a family based website! :) <br /><br />My giblets are usually tossed, but to be honest when I am not the one cooking I have no idea what happens to them.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Put 'em in the gravy, of course.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Giblet broth and minced giblets in the gravy.<br /><br />If you didn't know, giblets are the heart, gizzard and liver. <br /><br />YUM! :D

ebbtide176

Commander

pour them on the mashed potatoes along with the gravy. if they overcooked the turkey, i might pour some on that too :D other than the occasional gravy & biscuits, that's the only time i put gravy on smashed taters

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Gravy....MMMmm goooood, or eat them myself. Those of you that pitch or feed them to the pets probably wouldn't eat Mountian oysters or deer hearts, cow tounge, chitlins, liver, pattaee, oh the list just goes on????? Oh well more for me. Dangit now I'm hungary again and I just ate.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

gizzards are so/so... but MY always eats the<br />heart and liver! yum ;)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

rinse all / skin the gizzards and then boiled into broth same as LF's

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Trash, won't even consider that slop for my dog's.
hmmmm... let me get this straight ..<br /><br />First,... do you have any idea what's in dog food??<br /><br />you're dog will lick its arse (..and such), drink pond and lake water, eat damn near anything ..<br /><br />..but giblets are considered unfit for a dog??<br /><br />hmmmmmmmm... :confused:

oddjob

Commander

If you didn't know, giblets are the heart, gizzard and liver. <br />
Oh, they never make it to the gravy...I fry em like chicken ( the gizzards)and dip in the relish sauce and eat em like calimari.

one more cast

Captain

I take them out of the bag, open the slider and chuck them babys out in the woods just as far as I can. (happy thanks giving to the big ol red stray cat that lives out there.) :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh......gravy, yum!

papanimmer

Recruit

AHHHHH. The giblets are the best part of Thanksgiving. We cook them in a pot of water for a couple of hours. They get drained, cooled and than we dice, the heart, liver, kidney and the neck gets picked clean. We than add all of that meat to the stuffing along with spices and herbs. Than it's into the turkey cavity and neck for cooking. GREATTTT.....

FSHKPR

Ensign

yep they go into the dressing here. but like neumanns i like all that stuff most people throw away. heart, tounge, liver i will take it all. made a bunch of cow tounge one night and had my family over for supper. sliced it up for sandwiches. brother inlaw had two sandwichs and was two or three bites into the third. i asked how he liked the meat. he said its great! i said you know what it is. he said roast beef. i said no its cow tounge. that was it for him. never took another bite of his third sandwich. now when he comes over supper he always asks what the meat is. :D