What do you do to get your winter boating fix?

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What do you do to get your winter boating fix?

I get thru winter by taking classes at the Power Squadron..finished engine maintenance and just started weather. Gets me out of the house and hanging around with a bunch of folks who are counting the days til thaw.....just like us.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

To get through the winter, I step out my back door, walk about 80 feet, press the 'Down' button on the boat lift, and go out on the boat. Like Sasto said... 'What's winter?'

Evinbuck

Seaman

dude, that's some fine work! If it weren't for the cloths pins one would think you're building the real thing!

I rebuilt my trailer and since this is the peak of cabin fever (6 degrees currently) I'm going to a rv, camping and boat show this weekend

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Got a bit more done - finished the decks over the weekend and got the first coat of varnish on them. Last night I dummied it up with the motor and seats. It's a good thing the River is still frozen, or I'd be tempted to call it good enough with one coat and splash it!

Attachments

• MeteorDecksDone_Dummy_4356.jpg
    MeteorDecksDone_Dummy_4356.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 0
  • MeteorDecksDone_Dummy_4357.jpg
    MeteorDecksDone_Dummy_4357.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 0

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi buy boat magezines read and reread bite my nails tap my feet drive down once a week and look at my boat in yard and dream!!!!

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

With the boat wrapped in the back yard I have easy access to her. I keep a heater in the engine room and heat in the main cabin and is kept at 50 degrees all winter long. Refrigerator is on and Jimmy Buffet CD is close by. I will turn the heat up to 70 and have a cold beer. Read my Log book from last year and all my guests who boat with us have to write about there day in the log as well. If it is only for a few minutes, I go back to those warm summer days with family and friends, good food, and laugh.

Now at the beginning of March I already have bought every thing needed for recommissioning and I will take a few hours a couple times a week and start getting the list checked off.

April I concentrate on the yard work so May 1st is my launch day.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

With the boat wrapped in the back yard I have easy access to her. I keep a heater in the engine room and heat in the main cabin and is kept at 50 degrees all winter long. Refrigerator is on and Jimmy Buffet CD is close by. I will turn the heat up to 70 and have a cold beer. Read my Log book from last year and all my guests who boat with us have to write about there day in the log as well. If it is only for a few minutes, I go back to those warm summer days with family and friends, good food, and laugh.

Now at the beginning of March I already have bought every thing needed for recommissioning and I will take a few hours a couple times a week and start getting the list checked off.

April I concentrate on the yard work so May 1st is my launch day.

Very nice...

mnewb1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ah Winter...first I dream of buying a bigger boat, but then I realize I can't afford that...maybe upgrading fishing gear?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Very nice work.

NYBo

Admiral

My winter fix is mainly spending far too much time on my favorite boating forum!:redface:

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Finished off the boat last weekend. Got her maiden voyage in this evening - first calm evening all week!
Video uploaded...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysY1IcHMS9Y

Attachments

• IMG_4893.jpg
    IMG_4893.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4894.jpg
    IMG_4894.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4892.jpg
    IMG_4892.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0

Huron Angler

Admiral

Very nice work, that little rig looks great on the water:)

Great way to get some boating in even if gas prices go up:D