What do you do if?

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: What do you do if?

I've just booked a guide for late november, the first thing that he told me was his policy on broken or lost gear.<br /><br />Drop a rod overboard - I pay.<br /><br />Recklessly damage a rod/reel (sit on it or jam it up against a tree branch) - I pay.<br /><br />Lose a lure in a snag - I don't pay.<br /><br />Get broken off by a monster - I don't pay.<br /><br />If I damage any gear by NOT following his instructions - I pay.<br /><br />He want's me to sign an agreement to that affect. I agreed, as long as he signs an agreement that I will catch a trophy :D . He didn't agree :( .<br /><br />Aldo

LubeDude

Admiral

I live in fear that someone will grab one of the windshields on my boat and break them, they cannot be replaced. The first thing I say before anyone gets into the boat is, "The windshields are not hand rails", please do not grab them to get out of the seat. So far everybody has grabbed them and I have to stop them. Im looking for some type of small grab rail I can install that they can grab.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Most guides and outfitters have a policy of<br />charging clients for "mishandled" broken, and lost<br />equipment.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I don't wanna come off as harsh but what happens if ya tear up a prop or blow a motor.<br /><br />I think this is a cost of business ;)

FLATHEAD

Captain

DJ is right. Have a signed contract. <br /><br /> Off topic question LD. To be a registered guide in your state do you have a requirement to carry a big liability policy?

Dunaruna

Admiral

He sent me a pic of his boat, no screen, just a big (5.5 metre) open bass boat with a platform casting deck and a elec kicker mounted on the front. It looks foolproof.<br /><br />He charges $320 (AU) for 6 hours, one on one tuition. A second person is an extra $40. That's it, total of 2 people (and him). He supplies everything including food and drink (no alcohol until end of day at the ramp) and pickup/delivery to our motel. he also gives a money back garrantee if the weather turns nasty.<br /><br />Can't wait!!