What do you do for winter fun?

sangerwaker

Commander
Well. for a lot of us, boating has or will be coming to a close. :( Just wondering what some of you folks out there do for some fun in the winter months. I'm sure a lot of you ice fish and snowmobile if your climate permits permits it.<br /><br />Myself, I shoot a lot of pool over the winter, mostly nine ball. I also try to catch up on all of the household projects that got put aside over the summer, not that those are really fun, just neecessary. I also try to get out for a ski once per month with some of my buds, and we always go New Years Day.<br /><br />How about you folks?

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: What do you do for winter fun?

Catch up on indoor projects, play guitar, watch hockey (not this year). Toward February I resume spending money on my boat. Now that I wrote this it appears I need to get a life, or move south. Anywhere but Floriduh. ;)

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

heeeyyyy, no pickin' on florida now..<br />just because it's gotten a little windy here a couple of times don't mean it aint fun here...<br />plus, we get to fish all year round! :D :D <br />so....there! :p

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Head on down to NZ....summer's just starting here ;)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Skiing and beer,<br /><br />or...<br /><br />Beer and skiing!

arboatdr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Piant boats, find lost tools, build summer cores, hunt for a week, lay off the yard help(cut payroll) and get ready for spring.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Troll in the "Dockside Chat" forum... <br /><br />Oh wait, the election will be over soon.... :p

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

B39.JPG
<br /><br />going out right now to meet the rest of my team ...<br /><br />!!!! OUTHOUSE RACING !!!!

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Large shop 60 x 40 and another blg 100 x 40. Extensive woodworking equip. and mechenic tools. So I've got lots of projects + it's on my in-laws ranch (in their mid 80') and I am their handi man. They lease the land so I just repair equip, water, elect, and just whatever it requires to keep them on the place -- including snow plowing in the winter; they are the reason we "retired" up here. Also, another 100 x 40 blg I use as overflow. Got lots of projects; my concern is I think I'll run outa time before I get through them all. So I'm getting more selective; but, have recent got the boat bug. Just repaired the hull on a Baja and yesterday picked up a 115 Evinrude w/bad bottom. + have a toon and old "?" w/ merc I6, (as I've learned on iboats - a dock buster) these are in Colo and I'll bring them up next Apr.<br /><br />AND, I walk about 40 yds from the shop and am on one of the best trout lakes in So. Alberta; great eating 14" - 16". I really have got into ice fishing for them and spend many winter days on the ice. + several pike lakes close and one small lake where you get 2 - 5 lbs trout when the weeds die down -- like it's getting close.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Winter...whats that. Down here you can finally go outside without having the mosquitos carry you away.<br /><br />Ken

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Do projects in the shop....this winter I'm going to install a compressed air system. Have some Longnecks. Get the winter rebuilds done and ready for spring. Have some Longnecks. Catch up on house work for she herself. Have some Longnecks. Throw out bits and pieces that been laying around the shop all season...if they ain't no good. Have some more Longnecks. Work on my own motors...herself hates it when they don't run right. Good time for some Longnecks. Shovel snow when it comes.....this year I got a blower to do the work...saves a hand for a Longneck. Let's see.....did I mention Longnecks??<br /><br />Kenny....that cowbell is makin' me nuts. Winter is such a long season.

KaGee

Admiral

Sit around and listen to songs with MORE COW BELL!<br /> :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Cuddle wife, catch up paperwork, work on race cars, ICE FISHING!!!

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Finish the 68 Torino I have working on for 2 years now. <br /><br />Babysit the grandson...<br /><br />Oh yeah...play on the ATV's...

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

What's winter? I just fish/boat year around. :cool:

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Snowmachine, ski, snowboard and jus a lil beer.<br /><br />AK Chappy

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well my nights are spent building models.<br />My days are busy running the business.<br />
models1.jpg
<br />
models2.jpg
<br />I think I am up to about 300 models now including 2 more ships, a submarine and a frigate with 100 cannons on it.<br /><br />Any of you Navy buffs might know that flat top.<br />It is a famous one.<br />That is the U.S.S. Forestall<br /><br />Other than that, I am a pretty boring fellow in the winter.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

SBN, you mean the USS Zippo? I had some shipmates that were on her when she burnt the last time. I don't know a whole lot about her or where she has gone. I do know there are lots of stories about her though.<br /><br />As for winter, iboats, pool, snow plowing, indoor renovation, keeping the wood burner going (can't afford not to),and best of all "Counting the days till spring!"