What do I own???

Dmac420

Recruit
I just aquired a strange boat called a Terry. It's really cool, I've never seen anything like it. It's 13'9" and dark blue on light blue, no frills,2 seater, stick steer. It has a slight tri-hull to it and a Johnson 40hp on it. It's also on a tilt trailer I believe is factory. I don't know what year or model it is? Where can I find any info on them. What were they designed for? My boat has nothing inside like storage or live wells. I havn't gotten it running yet and my stick steer cable is bad. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• CIMG1540 - Copy.jpg
    CIMG1540 - Copy.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 2

DaRube

Recruit
Re: What do I own???

You own a good boat. I bought a used 1970 14ft Terry boat in 2007. You can get a Ezy-Glide Stick III Steering System - Model 870, the one I purchased, from BOATSTOREUSA for about $300 w/ shipping. I got the boat painted. I replace the original 1969 35 Chrysler outboard with a 1986 35 Johnson (27 mph w/ 2 adults), added an CMC aftermarked trim tilt, replaced carpet, seats, new anchormate, driftmaster rod holders, 3 position rod racks, added a gps/depth finder and replaced the old motor guide with a new minn kota bow mounted trolling motor. Fun boat.

Attachments

• Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1

bcaughhorn

Recruit

i have the same boat. i cant find the vin to register it. can yall point me in the rite direction? my trailer has a small tag that says 1972 but thats the only thing i can find

erzy88

Recruit

You own a good boat. I bought a used 1970 14ft Terry boat in 2007. You can get a Ezy-Glide Stick III Steering System - Model 870, the one I purchased, from BOATSTOREUSA for about $300 w/ shipping. I got the boat painted. I replace the original 1969 35 Chrysler outboard with a 1986 35 Johnson (27 mph w/ 2 adults), added an CMC aftermarked trim tilt, replaced carpet, seats, new anchormate, driftmaster rod holders, 3 position rod racks, added a gps/depth finder and replaced the old motor guide with a new minn kota bow mounted trolling motor. Fun boat.

I just bought a 1971 terry, yours is the first pic ive seen without the inboard steering wheel...mines a 15ft fiberglass, Did you manage to come accross any parts for it sold online?
Need to replace trim..get seats...etc...

roger728

Recruit

i have the same boat. i cant find the vin to register it. can yall point me in the rite direction? my trailer has a small tag that says 1972 but thats the only thing i can find

im having the same problem, i only received a bill of sale for it and trailer, my understanding is that prior
to november 1972 they were not required to put the hull numbers on or in the boat. so im hoping the DMV will
look it up by the old state registration numbers on the boat and i can get it registered thru the old registration
they have on record.

roger728

Recruit

according to the state of arkansas if its a pre 1972 boat there may not be a serial number on the boat or trailer
and they will still register them. all they need is a good bill of sale or title to get it done.