FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Have a 268 weekender 27 feet long and roughly 8000 lbs when in the water.I need to replace my anchor line for the front bow. Currently it's 1/2 diameter 3 braided rope. Would like to replace with some chain then rope type setup
1/2" nylon rope is a good choice and it's highly resistant to rot, decay and mildew.
Your chain should be 5/16" with 6" per foot of boat, or about 14'.
Anchor type will depend on where you boat, and the most common bottom conditions you will encounter. I carry 2 different types so I can choose when I get to my destination.