FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 94 johnson 15hp that I just purchased and it is in the shop with a bad head gasket. What would cause the head gasket to go bad can anyone help. THanks
I'd bet on overheating, causing a slightly warped head.
A worn out water pump must account for a big share of that cAUSE.
And dirty carbs causing a lean cylinder which overheats.