What are you thankful for?

aspeck

Staff member
I am thankful for a wonderful family - wife, parents, brothers and sisters, in-laws, and kids, grandparent. They are all great!<br /><br />I am thankful for health and soundness of mind (although some would disagree with that one).<br /><br />I am thankful for shelter and nourishment.<br /><br />I am thankful that I was born and raised in the great country called the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.<br /><br />I am thankful for all the brave men and and women who have fought for my freedom, and for their families who had to sacrific them to go and fight, knowing they may not return.<br /><br />I am thankful for those that gave their lives and fortunes to found this country, and keep it free.<br /><br />I am thankful for great friends, including my iboats friends and the administration that makes this all possible.<br /><br />But mostly, I am thankful for a God that cares for me and loves me so much. One that send His only Son to die for my sins, so I could have eternal life, but just as importantly, that gives me the strength to overcome the day to day toubles that I face. A true friend and companion who I can talk to everyday and He doesn't leave me, even when I mess up.<br /><br />Happy Thanksgiving!<br /><br />So, what are YOU thankful for?

NOSLEEP

Commander
Re: What are you thankful for?

Thats great aspeck.. Hope you have a good <br />Thanksgiving.<br /><br />Live each day as if it were your last.<br />Not in the future. Not in the past.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I am thankful for each new day, that gives me the chance to have a positive impact on the many people I meet during the next 24 hours.<br /><br />I am thankful for the parents I had, and for their parents who taught them the value of life and how to keep it enjoyable and productive.<br /><br />I am thankful to be able to live in a country which values the people within it's borders, and their needs.<br /><br />I am also thankful for the many contacts I make each day here on the iboats site. It gives me enormous pleasure to be a part here.<br /><br />Ross

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Ditto, Aspeck!
58.gif

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am thankful for waking up every morning beside my wife, my best friend.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Thankful that after two hurricanes this summer, I still have a roof over my head... Literally...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Good one, SBN and Snapperbait. And I am too! What a season, huh?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

You ain't kiddin' 12Footer...... And how about them folks in the middle of the state that got hit three times.. yikes..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

See my post under "Happy Thanksgiving"

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I'm thankful for the lovely family that i have!!! ;) <br /><br />And very thankful to see the sun rise!!! ;) :cool:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I am thankful for having to work Thanksgiving day and night. Not only is it an excuse to stay away from the in-laws, it means that I am truley blessed and lucky to have a job.<br /><br />I am thankful that we are having a very bad year and had to borrow money just for a small turkey dinner for me and mine. It makes me look at what I have and see how lucky we really are.<br /><br />I am thankful for the things everyone has stated above, but most of all I am thankful for these hard times. Although I have never had much, and have worked hard for everything I do have, the times lately have given me the priveledge of really taking a hard look at what we do have.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Are you serious or kidding???<br />If serious I'd be happy to make sure that you and yourimmediate family had all the fixens!!! ;) <br /><br />And I'm sure that others here would do like wise, If your serious!!!! ;) :cool:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Serious but not complaining. <br /><br />As I was at work on Thanksgiving day, complaining about having to work this holiday (and many others), I started thinking of how unfair it was. I thought of Christmas day the last 8 years when I was at work patrolling to make sure everyone else had a safe and happy holiday. I complained silently to myself when I had to go home Thanksgiving last year and eat leftovers after the family had eaten. <br />BUT I started thinking....how unfair it was of ME to complain. Thwe factory where my mother works just last week laid off 72 employees. There are many out there without jobs in worse shape than I. I am really lucky to have the oppurtunity to work when so many out there would give anything for a paycheck before Christmas. <br /><br />We have been hit hard this year financially, but this truely makes me look at myself and my family. We cujt out everything in our life that was not a necessity (except for the TV subscription, kids need that) ;) <br />I have put off my boat and car projects for now. I do a lot of complaining and worrying about money and bills. BUT I also looked around and saw a lot of poeple not as fortunate as we are. We did borrow money for a thanksgiving meal, and ate it late after I got off work, but at least we were able to do that. It will cut things short next month after payday, but it was a good time with my family quietly at home. I remember all of the years I worked security at the soup lines watching people feed the homeless. What they would have given to be in my place, eating in their own home with their own family. Being poor falling on hard times does make one think of what he really has. I am seriously thankful that I have the oppurtunity to see the world from this point of view. <br />Yes there was a little sarcasm there, but in all seriousness life is good and I consider myself lucky. Both lucky to know hard times, for these times will get better and we will be stronger for it, and it makes me see what we do have.<br />I also know that this should be the last bad year we have. My wife graduates college in 3 weeks and will be able to fulfill her dream which is another awsome thing to be a small part of. <br />Yes, all of the things I complain about may truely be a blessing. <br />Growing up we burned wood for heat because we couldn't afford propane, and the furnace broke and we couldn't afford to fix it. I never thought of it then, it was just a way of life. We went a lot of days eating veggies from our garden and eating eggs from our chickens, but I never thought about it until lately it was because we were too poor for anything else. But growing up we were very happy. The days cutting wood, working the garden, cleaning the chickens, all of that to us was a family day. Now I see it was part of our daily survival. I hope to give my children a better life, but I also hope they grow up like I did. I want them to know hard work and responsibility, and I want them to see you only get what you work for. <br />I guess I got off and rambled again, but yes I was serious. These are hard times, but they are happy times for my family. It is like the rich man that took his son to the poor farmers to show him how the "poor" lived. By the time they were on the way home, the little boy looked at his rich dad and said "thanks for showing me how poor we are".