What are you doing with your Refund?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
State refund is already deposited and Federal should be tomorrow. Most of it is going to debts, but it's sacriligous if some of it isn't blown on something we Want. ;) <br /><br />I'm going to Wally World to get me one of those newfangled scanner/printer/copiers. They have the HP 1315V marked down to about $78 (from $99). HP is offering a $30 rebate (forms available from their website). Jeez, it ends up being about the price of a printer. Wutta Deal! So how are you going to blow yours?<br /><br />Addendum: I got it. Sweet unit! Can print paper or photos, doesn't need to be connected to a computer to photocopy or print pics right off the camera. $78 and change at Wally World and a $30 rebate off the net. WOW!

ndemge

Commander
Re: What are you doing with your Refund?

Bills, Bills and some other bills.<br /><br />HUGE grocery shopping trip. Sams offers Case price discounts on meat :) Break it up and put in the freezer for a year supply. We've found this is just as cheap as going in with someone to get a whole animal butchered...<br /><br />open savings plan up for the kids. (age 5 and 3moths)<br /><br />Tuck a little away into savings.<br /><br /><br />as for the "splurges".... We'll get to eat good meat more often with dinner, sounds like a great splurge to me!<br /><br />....oh, maybe a couple pieces of sheet metal for the ole '71 restoration project :)

eeboater

Commander

Paying stuff off! The instant I get stuff paid off... I get a boat! <br /><br />Thank you G.W.<br /><br />Sean

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Save it for next years taxes :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1 more year of this self employment tax crap and then I'm done. :)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Be siting on it until work picks back up.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

got a big-axx property tax bill on my desk just waitin to eat up that entire check :( :(

rogerwa

Commander

I was counting on a fat balance in my federal savings account, but to my surprise, I am in the red about $700. I don't know how or why be cause I had a nice bonus that they took 40% of. I had a batch of restricted stock that matured, in which they took 40%, and I excersized some stock options, again which they took 40%. Last year was the first year I can claim a full year of interest on my cabin. I usually get a couple grand back. I just don't understand it.<br /><br />The only thing that is different is that I made more money.

one more cast

Captain

Using our Federal refund to pay our State income tax. Whats left might take us out to dinner. :D

Tyme2fish

Commander

Just leave it in the bank. Vacation in October in Gulf Shores,Alabama

gaugeguy

Captain

Wife is taking a vacation to Key West with one of her girlfriends...and the refund goes away :rolleyes:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Pay off the bills from Christmas.<br /><br />Ken

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Gets put into the ING bank acct to pay for daughters catholic school tuition in full.<br /><br />Would love to blow it of a tree stand though.

mattttt25

Commander

wipe out two small credit card balances, most goes into my investments.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

REFUND??!!<br /><br />I'll probably add a buck or two and get a cuppajoe.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Refund?? If the gov gave me money that weren't already mine, I would pay it towards the propety. Fortunately, I don't overlypay them anything...Chief

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.......... I'm with You JB....<br /><br />I Try to play the #s,+ come out at April 15th at a (+) or (-) $500.00..............<br />Usually it's a (-) $omething or other...........<br />Never a Refund................ :(

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

What's a tax refund? ;) <br />You mean they sometimes give some BACK?!?! <br />I must be doin' something wrong

NYMINUTE

Captain

Refund....Refund??? Are you kidding? I try to get 0 back so I have it with me all year.