What are these parts on mercury 150xr2

llyons

Seaman
What are these parts on the 150xr2. I suspect the one on the left is a combination Oil and RPM alarm since it ties into the oil cap and the other to the powerpacks (green wire)

Also I suspect the other in the middle is a trim tilt switch that prevents the motor from firing when tilted up

View recent photos.jpeg

Dukedog

Captain
correct, tha bigger one is tha oiler module but tha smaller one is tha 16 amp regulator

llyons

Seaman
I was testing my rectifier using the service manual which says...

Connect a red meter lead to ground. black lead alternatively to terminals a and c (which are the stator connectors). I measured 900 ohms roughly

the manual says if continuity indicated then connect black meter lead to ground, red lead alternatively to terminals a and c I measured open

Would the 900 ohms be continuity indicated?

any thoughts on testing the voltage regulator?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Connect a red meter lead to ground. black lead alternatively to terminals a and c (which are the stator connectors). I measured 900 ohms roughly

the manual says if continuity indicated then connect black meter lead to ground, red lead alternatively to terminals a and c I measured open

Your rectifier is good.

A good regulator will read continuity through the diodes and open against them

Voltage regulator is easily.
Do you have 13+ volts at the battery with the motor running?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral

That sounds like a strange reading to me. Most stator I’ve tested recently (admittedly on modern outboards), you should get an infinity reading across ground to each of the three wires from the stator. Going between/across each of the wires with the meter would be normally a very low resistance reading. All being as it should.
As for testing the regulator, you’d usually put the meter on diode test function, looking for A very low reading across some and infinity across others.
May not apply to your system though. What does the manual say for as it should be ?