what add on engine gauges force 50.

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer
i have a a 1989 force 50 that i want to add a gauge or 2 too .. i hear that if they over heat thats it for the engine especially the force motors so should i hook a temp gauge up or water pressure if water pressure what should i expect out of these motor i am asking because i see gauges going from 15 all the way up to 60 psi ? where do these hook and how are they to hook up .. thanks i dont need a top of the line gauge but what is a good brand.

sorry for all the questions just want to cover what i am getting into before i get into it

Jack Daniels

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: what add on engine gauges force 50.

At a minimium youll want to have a Tach and volt guage. Even the volt guage is optional, however instead of a h2o pressure guage, install a tell tale. You can do it for 3 bucks in parts and its easy to install. This way you can visually observe the water pump instead of relying on a guage that can and will eventually go bad. There is a thread here with pictures on hwo to install it, the thread is called how do i install a tell tale. Good luck.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: what add on engine gauges force 50.

Complete water pressure gauge kits are available on the net, from $50 -$89, so shop around.
A 15# gauge is fine.
With a new impeller, you will get 3-14 psi water pressure, depending on the rpm.

THere is a small pipe plug on the top of the motor, a couple inches in front of the thermostat, where you hook up the fitting.