What a week

aspeck

Staff member
I am back from a great week of Camp with 50 teens. What a great group of well mannered young men and women - wish there were a lot more like these 50 in the world! It was very encouraging - there is hope for the future!<br /><br />Edit: Guess I should have put this in the Good News Network! But then again, I am back, and that might not be good news to some! ;) :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: What a week

That's allways good news, Aspeck! Our own church(faith Assembly) had a group of youth just get back last week from somewhere in Africa (building a church, and ministering). Since I'm sort of new to all this, and all my kids are having kids of thier own, I don't know much more than that. But they did show a short video of the ministry,and it brought tears to our eyes!<br />There are many more well-mannered kids than our schools will admit to.<br />Thank God, and think you for your instruction and time with our future leaders.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

"There are many more well-mannered kids than our schools will admit to"<br />DITTO that 12'er, the majority prob, but that fact<br />ain't gonna get much ratings or sell many papers<br />I'm afraid... no wonder so many folks is scared<br />since the few bad ones get all the airtime.<br />sorry, rambling... good job aspeck! kids wanna do<br />the right thing IMO, they just need a chance sometimes?

Link

Rear Admiral

Look out! Aspeks back! <br />There ya happy! :) <br /><br />Nothing wrong with good news being posted here in the cellar! Could use some more.<br />Our radio club was asked to provide some volunteers for a scout camp teaching morse code and basic radio stuff. (Merit badges etc)<br />About 6 people mabe 8 took turns in shifts during the camp. They had so much fun with the kids that they are all planing on going and staying for the whole camp next year.<br /><br />This last few years I've been around more kids than I really wanted to be. Have been amazed at how good kids really are! <br />We only see and hear about the bad ones