What A Holiday!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Tubing Sunday all day.......fighting hay bale fire all day Monday.<br /><br />Gotta tell ya'll.....Sunday was just picture perfect along the Muddy Banks. Took both the toon and the StarCraft out on the river....let the kids tube and swim till they were prunes. Back to the house for cook out and beer sippin'.<br /><br />06:30am....Monday morning....tones go off for hay bale fire.....not just a couple....final count by the owner near 1000. Herself and I (herself is a certifide firefighter) got home around 6pm smelling of hay bale smoke. Our kids had stuff cooked on the grill when we got home....bless them....and I'm just kickin' back with a long neck enjoying whats' left of the day. I still need a shower.<br /><br />Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What A Holiday!

There are worse things to smell like than burned hay, OBJ. :) <br /><br />Did you get to use the new truck?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Right you are JB. I've come off a few structure fires absolutely reaking. And then there are those with fatalities.....not fun.<br /><br />No, in regards to the truck. Delivery date is still a couple months off. There were six different departments on the scene today, one back hoe and one front end loader to bust up the bails. And yer gonna love this.<br /><br />The county water board gets in a tiff over us using the water outta the hydrants. They said people are complaining about low water pressure and rusty colored water. Can ya' even imagine such a thing????<br /><br />So we ended up setting up a water relay from a pond near 1/3 mile down the road.<br /><br />Better stop before I get wound up again.... :)

bubbakat

Captain

Well OBJ just thank heavens it wasn't the farmers out house burning :D <br />I have had a good week end myself. We went camping on a lake where they don't allow anything but 10 ft tinnies and with trolling motors.<br />Sat on the bank and fished with my grand children and enjoyed the whole three days.

Hotrods

Petty Officer 1st Class

First saltwater trip for me and the rebuild. no problems. good times!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Glad to hear you had a good holiday, OBJ.<br />And considerin we had another hurricane party over here, no family damages to report in this one. And any hurricane you can walk away from is just another bag-o-wind. We just sat here and couch-potatoed all three days.<br /><br />As for the looney County water board, just record the event for posterity. They gotta be up for election soon, and they should all be replaced for such stupidity.<br />Rust in the water supply is a harmless ,natural part of water distribution systems older than 40years. Sure, it'll ruin clothes washed in it, but it's not a health risk. Add to this, that by using a great quantity of water, it flushes the lines, removing rust deposits and dead heads,where water can stagnate, replacing it with fresh treated water.<br />Them morons are morons.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Glad to hear you all had a great Holiday also. Really a blast have the rugrats on the Mighty Ohio letting them tube and swim till there prunes. Even the "big kids" did some tubing.....and learned a valuable lessson. Never tell your Dad he can't flip you off the tube when he's at the helm......cept' sheherself who said I'd pay dearly for any messin' around with her. She had a nice tube ride.... :D <br /><br />12footer....I really hope Ivan misses you folks down there. You all have had enough excitement for one season.<br /><br />And as for that lunacy water board.....wellllll...I'm really starting to mellow out so.......
37.gif
<br /><br />EDIT: Just a personnal to hodrod.....glad she's runnin' and your havin' a good time!!!

NOSLEEP

Commander

Ya OBJ had a great long weekend. There was a little snow up in the mountain tops. Winters coming.