What a crock !

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: What a crock !

That's a monster!!! Wonder how old that critter is (was)?

ehenry

Commander

We gottem like that out on the Ross Barnett and the Pearl River that feeds it. It isn't going to be long before one is going to get some water skier or a kid out playing on the edge of a sandbar. <br /><br />There are a number of gators that hangout around the camp grounds that are on the Rez that have lost their fear due to floks feeding them. <br />MSDWFP is going to have to open a season before too long to thin them out. I've had gators swim right by the boat when I was fishing...i'm not talking 20 yards away..i'm talking 10 to 12 feet away. And they say they're more afraid of you than you are of them. Tell that to an angry sow gator protecting her nest.

LadyFish

Admiral
What a crock !

Not really, its a gator. :p <br /><br />This was taken about a week or so ago in Toledo Bend, Texas. He's a biggun!<br /><br />
DCP_00444.jpg

LadyFish

Admiral

Which one Noel? ROTFLMAO. :D <br /><br />Our best friend sent that to us, must be someone<br />he knows. <br /><br />Mr. Fish doesn't hunt gator. :)

oddjob

Commander

Thats what the old Fla. poachers call a grandpaw!

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

shame to see such a magnificent creature killed and strung up like that!

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Magnificent creature? Its called Gator. They are many things, but magnificent is not one of them. Elegantly tacky, yet unrefined is more than they deserve.

one more cast

Captain

Will that gator be used the same way we use our deer? Eat the meat, tan the hide and pickle the heart?

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

'gators been on this earth far longer than me & thee.they from the dinosaur era and deserve a great deal of respect for their ability to survive such advesity.why do so many people think that if it's a threat to homosapiem then 'it's gotta go'?easy thing to do?if you can't stand the heat,git outta the kitchen.if ya don't wanna get eat by a gator,don't make home in his backyard!

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by B20:<br /> people think that if it's a threat to homosapiem then 'it's gotta go'?
We'll have none of that homo talk here!! :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Oh boy,<br /><br />Looks like a pair of boots for my extended family and a cool belt to me. Might have enough for a couple of wallets and maybe a cool cigarette case.<br /><br />B20 the same thing can be said for the cockroach, except they make lowsy boots.

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

all i'm saying is that just because we infect the planet like a virus(see "The Matrix")doesn't give us the right to indiscriminately kill everything just because 'it's in our way'

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by B20 <br />i get wokeup to the screams of cat fights and the next day the yard stinks of cat urine.i tell the owners and all i get is 'but they're cats!'so? lock 'em up nights,or i'll start shootin'
Mercy, seems you've got a little homo in you as well ;)

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Like shooting poor innocent felines that are out for their evening constitutionals? They have a right to be outside. They were here first and have been worshiped as Gods in some countries. Seems you are just a little self serving about wallygator then want to shoot a poor defenseless cat. As far as gators go.... we move in...they go. Natural order of things. They lose. Its called selective evolution. We select their habitat... they evolve outa there.

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

they may have a right to be outside but they got no right being in my yard,waking me up at all sorts of hours of the night and spraying that stink in my yard.them cats are surpossed to be domesticated.that means ya keep'em in your yard.don't let 'em roam around at night.else folks gonna be takin' shots at 'em.like me!they're not native to the area i live in so i consider 'em vermin and treat 'em like it.they may be cute 'n fluffy but they still vermin.just like rabbits!hindus worship cattle as gods,but i don't see you not eating beef!

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very cool, how long, how heavy? I guess about 15' and 1000lbs? Be nice to hear the hunting story.