Well you know, you are pathetic and have officially become old......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
When you are flipping through the 200 plus channels you have on your satellite and you catch a Time Life Music advertisement and you stop and watch it and actually enjoy the music from your past! For a 1/2 hour! I am paying way to much for TV.! What is so sad, there is nothing on, I pay a $100 bucks a month cause I can't figure out how to watch the races every week, it has to be a conspiracy!

What is really bad, the race got rained out today and what did I do, I watched last years race and got excited! Man, talk about pathetic!

Last edited:

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Not easy to make me smile at 5 am, but you did. My thing is old movies. Seems that lately I'm finding more movies on TCM from the 1970's and 80's. It annoys me. Hell, that's not an old movie!... is it?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
well i put 6000 pounds of stone under my boat car port last week and it whooped my ***

Attachments

• stone.JPG
    stone.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
well i put 6000 pounds of stone under my boat car port last week and it whooped my ***
I did the same thing 3 weeks ago. But, I paid 2 neighborhood kids $30 each to shovel and rake it out. Was well worth the $ and they got some spending $.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I did the same thing 3 weeks ago. But, I paid 2 neighborhood kids $30 each to shovel and rake it out. Was well worth the $ and they got some spending $.

I have a standing order with my neighbors kid to shovel the snow off the roof during the season, costs me $40 bucks a season!

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
We didn't have TV where I lived in Montana as a kid so the critters outside got too much attention. :joyous:

Now I don't watch much TV but this computer sure takes up too much time. Need to get more exercise, and I don't mean on some kind of machine...

FlaCowboy

Ensign
We used to get 3 stations in black and white when I was young and we had to go outside and turn the antenna to get better reception depending on what station we watched, not to mention we had to get up from the sofa, walk across the room and change the channels by hand...now we have over 500 channels at the flick of a button from the recliner...:)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
...when your kid is listening to a re-make of one of your old(er) favorite songs, and you start to explain that, and you see that I'm-trying-to-act-like-I'm paying-attention-to humor-you look in their eyes, and you force yourself to stop being the old-guy-that-goes-on-and-on-about-things guy...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I remember when the movie "Pretty Woman" came out and my daughter running around asking if we had heard this "New" song, I still shake my head when I think about it!

:D

nlain

Commander
Don't feel too bad, I watched the old race also, thunderstorm blocked my Direct TV at the end so I did not get to see it. Today the power went off so I still have not seen the race

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Another way to know you are getting old:

You go to Hooters and wonder if the waitress's mom is single.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Another way to know you are getting old:

You go to Hooters and wonder if the waitress's mom is single.

Out of all the things I have done in my life, I have never been to a Hooters, My Dad used to get his lunch there every once in a while, but I have never been.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Out of all the things I have done in my life, I have never been to a Hooters, My Dad used to get his lunch there every once in a while, but I have never been.

Been there once, many years ago. I always wanted to get wings and a bottle of Dom P?rignon. I think at that time it was $100....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Trust me...you aren't missing much. Food is horrible and the other things there don't make up for it! :)

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
What is really bad, the race got rained out today and what did I do, I watched last years race and got excited! Man, talk about pathetic!

If you are truly "officially" old, when the race got rained out and they played the rerun you should have been sound asleep in your recliner.
What's wrong with you? :facepalm: