Well, my air conditioner's finally out..... (FUNNY STORY)

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Unfortunately, it was supposed to come in!<br /><br />I thought I was proceeding in a safe manner last night, I moved everything out of the way, except a 5 gallon bucket to rest it on once it came in. I had an old sweatshirt on with both arms wrapped around it in a bear hug manner before I used my shoulder to lift the window up some. Just as I started to lift the unit up a little birdie flies out from under it, right into my face! Somewhat startled, next thing I see is the 3 pronged cord coming around the corner with a nice blue spark coming off of it. And the mini blinds may have made it to the ground level, from the third floor, had my head not been in the way, so the drawer string snapped after letting out all 6 or so feet of the mini-blinds. So now there's this bird flying around my kitchen, which I begin to chase, and not wanting to get left out of the excitement the dog now comes running into the room barking.....<br /><br />Anyways, the bird finally flew out the window, and I looked down to see the quarter round aluminum awning that used to be attached to the house on the pavement, along with the a'c. Boy did that all happen so fast..........<br /><br />I did see the little "droppings" on the window ledge before I started, and I knew there had been a bird frequenting the area, but who would have known it was living in the ledge under the a.c.!<br /><br />"Hey y'all, watch this!"

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Well, my air conditioner's finally out..... (FUNNY STORY)

Bummer Mike! Amazing how fast it all happens when something like this goes amuck. Hope you can find a cheap replacement for the a/c by the time you need it. How many four letter words did you say?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hey, I hope the PETA dorks aren't reading that. They will turn your misfortune into a felony.

KaGee

Admiral

After that one, ya might consider changing names to "Luna-Tic"... it certanly had to drive you over the edge... :p <br /><br />If that happened to me I would have got the 'ole "If you would have taken it out of the window when I asked you" speech from wifey.<br /><br />Bet the "CussBank" had a few deposits last night.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It was an old ac anyways, but heavy. The loud BANG sure had some people looking out there windows though!

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Boy do you procrastinate...it tok the air temp to drop to the teens to get you to take your AC out?!?!?!?! Well, atleast now you can use the old AC unit as a spare anchor! Always look on the bright side :)

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Procrastinate? Me? Never, well, the boat did just come out after that last snowstorm...... :D <br /><br />And we all know nothing gets done while the boat's still in! So I'm on schedule, be starting the xmas shopping real soon! :D Fa la la la la..... <br /><br />
f5e53915.jpg

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Nice boat at least! :) btw since I'm from mich. what does ac stand for?

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

ac is abreviation for AIR CONDITIONER! <br /><br />what does mich. stand for? :p