Weight Limit Maxxed out! How to keep increasing wake size...

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Weight Limit Maxxed out! How to keep increasing wake size...

Well, the season here is about to start back up.
The cold spell that was pretty harsh here in florida for a few weeks is almost over.
Already talked to my mechanic and am scheduling a complete overhaul of the I/O next week (Should be ready by the last weekend of Feb). Got my new SS prop (Mechanic is installing that one too), picked up 600 lbs of sacs to test out different weighting options, and got new fins for my board (3 Hyperlite .8" P-Wing fins on each side).

Should be a nice season.
Will post pics when I get a chance.
Anyone else pumped about this year?

kikroks

Cadet

well i have a 20.6 ft 1986 formula with home made tower and 400 lbs of sand bags under the floor and its hard to adjust the speed and get the wake right but I bought a liquid force S4 fly 138 and I immediately began to take flight with the right pop and aggressive approach i am getting 5 to 7feet of air highly recommend the fly models look on e-bay I got mine brand new in the box for 220.00 bucks . so a good light board helps as well.

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My advice to you is to load you boat up with good weight and go for a trial run playing with trim, weight distribution and speed. I found my boat kicks up the best wake at approx 22mph with weight spread out 50% in the bow, 30% in the ski locker and 20% in the rear. I use a fat sack and several 5 gallon buckets filled with cement then wrapped in foam and stuffed into duffle bags for easy removal and transport (the cement/bucket/foam actually floats so if ever with shear bad luck my boat would get swamped, the set-up would technically float on its own saving the boat from sinking. I trim up just a little and it kicks up a decent sized wake thats very steep and solid. The problem with bowriders is that with the wrong set-up, the wake might look big but it can be very soft and mushy therefore killing the pop.

So in short our set-up is:

-22 mph
-71 ft rope
-600lbs of weight
-19 foot Doral BR

hope it helps a little

JaseBosto

Petty Officer 1st Class

yea