Weekly Q&A 6/27-7/4

LadyFish

Admiral
This week's questions:<br /><br />1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?<br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day?<br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? <br />8.
  • <br />
  • a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad?<br /> b. If yes, then dill or sweet?<br /> c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family?<br /> d. Mayonaise or salad dressing?<br />
<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans?<br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Weekly Q&A 6/27-7/4

1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?<br />YOUNG FRANKENSTIEN<br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br />JERRY MCGWIRE<br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br />BBQ / FIREWORKS<br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br />X-RATED, SORRY<br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br />AND A LOT MORE<br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day?<br />NO<br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? <br />COUNTRY STYLE SPARE RIBS<br />8.<br />a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad? NO<br />b. If yes, then dill or sweet?<br />c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family?<br />GRANDMA OF COURSE<br />d. Mayonaise or salad dressing? BOTH<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans? BAKED<br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line? USE EGG SINKERS

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> This week's questions:<br /><br />1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?I dont know...wasnt a huge fan...hes funny though.. <br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?puke!ahhhhhhhhh!....ah.em!....Far and Away.<br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day? beachin it and maybe some pier fishing if I can rig a lift t5o retrieve them..and Ideas?<br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory? Okinawa...hundreds of marines in rental cars blowin the hell out of one another. BC and Gate @ streets were like the OK Corral much of the night. I got flash burns that lasted a few days...<br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers? If I got em..<br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day? I dont know<br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? Be nice to grill some fish!<br />8.
  • <br />
  • a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad?yes<br /> b. If yes, then dill or sweet? either<br /> c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family? mother in law :rolleyes: <br /> d. Mayonaise or salad dressing? what came first?<br />
<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans? Baked<br />10 Do you use pliers to put on split shots? :D :D no....only to take them off the lips of the kids :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Y'all crack me up.
6.gif
<br /><br />Oddjob, put that answer back in question no. 10, I laughed the hardest at that one. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

1. History of the World<br />2. Top Gun / The Firm<br />3. Family BBQ, watch fireworks<br />4. I was flying across country and I got to see about 100 firework displays from 30,000' (pretty cool perspective)<br />5. yep<br />6. yep<br />8. a-yep, b-dill, c-me, d-mayo<br />9. Baked<br />10. I use a Gerber multi-tool, my tongue isn't strong enough, nor can I manipulate it properly to apply a splitshot ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

1. lethal weapon.<br />2. top gun<br />3. bbq with family and friends<br />4. x-rated as well. :) <br />5. Yes, then run from police. :) <br />6. Yes<br />7. Yes, mixture of dogs and burgers.<br />8. a. yes<br /> b. either<br /> c. the wife.<br /> d. mustard, safer. :) <br />9.baked<br />10. pliers.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?<br />Young Frankenstein<br /><br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br />Top Gun cause I like things that go boom.<br /><br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br />Go out on pontoon and watch fireworks at the local State Park.<br /><br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br />The wife and I were out on the pontoon and she..............er............never mind. :D <br /><br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br />Nope, illegal here.<br /><br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day?<br />You betcha. The whole town hitches the wagons up and have a big ol parade.<br /><br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? <br />None, on KK's diet. :eek: <br />8.<br />a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad?<br />see above^<br /><br />b. If yes, then dill or sweet?<br />see above^<br /><br />c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family?<br />My mother when I can eat it. :mad: <br /><br />d. Mayonaise or salad dressing?<br />both and see above^<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans?<br />see above again^<br /><br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line?<br />Yes

one more cast

Captain

1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?<br /> A) who is Mel Brooks.<br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br /> A) nope<br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br /> A) maybe a cookout<br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br /> A) watching the fireworks as a kid.<br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br /> A) don't have any.<br /><br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence<br /> Day?<br /> A) not anymore, the local fire dept could not afford insurance.<br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq?<br /> A) whetever looks good at the store. <br />8.<br />a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad?<br /> A) yes<br />b. If yes, then dill or sweet?<br /> A) yes, dill or sweet.<br />c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family?<br /> A) not sure.<br />d. Mayonaise or salad dressing?<br /> A) I use mayo.<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans?<br /> A) baked<br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line? <br /> A) I use my teeth, I just make sure I keep my tongue out of the way.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

1. Young Frankenstein<br />2. The Last Samuri<br />3. Not sure yet. Have to check with my social director<br />4. Watching 3 yr. old grandson's face as he watched his first fireworks display.<br />5. Not anymore<br />6. Yes<br />7. Not sure yet. Have to check with my social director<br />8. a.Yes b.Either c. me err... My Lovely Wife d. Mayo<br />9.Pinto<br />10. :D :D :D :D :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. Blazing Saddles.<br />2. Top Gun<br />3. I read US History.<br />4. The Mall in Washington, 7/4/1976<br />5. I ring my ship's bell.<br />6. No. Population is 35. If we had a parade there would be nobody to watch.<br />7. No.<br />8. a. yes, b. dill, c. former wife, d. mayo (homemade)<br />9. Neither.<br />10. Didn't always. Do now. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1. Spaceballs<br />2. oh puke! gay! homo! Don't do fruitcake movies...<br />3. sleep late, sacrifice a few steaks, get stuffed, and watch Discovery, TLC, history channel all day, maybe a movie...<br />4. The summer Mom, Dad, and I went out west on vacation, 1979 maybe 1980, San Antonio Texas, awesome fireworks..<br />5. nope...<br />6. dunno. i bet they do...<br />7. see # 3<br />8.<br />a. no..<br />b. n/a<br />c. the grocery store..<br />d. whatever the store puts in it..<br /><br />9. Pintos<br />10 uh, yeah! :p

aspeck

Staff member

1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?<br />Blazing Saddles - the campfire scene (see #9)<br /><br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br />Top Gun - like Spinner, something has to go boom, or there has to be blood and guts for it to be good.<br /><br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br />Work - not celebrated in Ghana. Wonder why? DUH!<br /><br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br />Can't think of any specifically<br /><br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br />Used to, don't anymore.<br /><br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day?<br />No, see #3<br /><br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq?<br />No, don't have the grill here.<br /><br />8.<br /><br /> * a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad? Yes, sometimes<br /> b. If yes, then dill or sweet?<br /> either<br /> c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family?<br /> Aunt on my Dad's side<br />d. Mayonaise or salad dressing?<br />either<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans? <br />either, see #2<br /><br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line?<br />That's what God made teeth for, isn't it?

Stratosfied

Ensign

1. Blazing saddles<br />2. None<br />3. Church in morning, afternoon in country at Families Home<br />4. July 4 1976 in Baytown Tx <br />5. Yes and probally some others also<br />6. No<br />7. Yes, Ribs!<br />8.a: yes<br /> b: dill<br /> c: Wife<br /> d: Mayo<br />9. Both<br />10. NO

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> This week's questions:<br /><br />1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie? High Anxiety<br /><br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Rain Man<br /><br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day? Cookout at the lake<br /> <br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory? primitive camping at the Cossatot River in Arkansas<br /><br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers? not allowed!<br /><br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day? yes<br /><br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? yes<br />If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? probably beef, maybe pork<br /><br />8.
  • <br />
  • a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad? yes<br /> b. If yes, then dill or sweet? Bread & butter<br /><br /> c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family? The wife<br /><br /> d. Mayonaise or salad dressing? real mayo and (the secret ingredient) dijon mustard<br />
<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans? baked<br /><br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line? no<br /><br />

Carphunter

Commander

#1 Spaceballs. "May the Schwartz be with you".<br />#2 Top Gun of course. "So, what were you doing while inverted,..........Communicating Ma'am".<br />#3 We will go to the family cookout and eat Carp..... :eek: , just kidding. ;) <br />#4 My son was born on the 4th of July, one of the best things that ever happened to me of course. :) <br />#5 Yes. Bottle-rockets and PVC pipe. :eek: <br />#6 No, but they hold a parade during the carp mating season..... :eek: , just kidding.<br />#7 Yes. Steaks, Brauts, Hotdogs, and the family favorite, Venison.<br />#8 a) Yes, I like pickles, b) the sweet ones.<br />c) Grandma.<br />d) Miracle whip.<br />#9 Pinto. (Not a very reliable vehicle).<br />#10 Teeth also, but chipped a tooth on that new steel shot. Anybody got some good pliers for sale? :p

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?+<br />Space Balls<br /><br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br />Top Gun<br /><br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br />Down at the shore with parents watch parade.<br /><br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br />They were all great.<br /><br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br />Illegal In NJ :( :mad: :( <br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day?<br />Yes<br /><br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? <br />the usual Picnic fair, +ribs<br /><br />8.<br />a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad?<br />No<br />b. If yes, then dill or sweet?<br />n/a<br />c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family?<br />Wife<br />d. Mayonnaise or salad dressing?<br />Mayo<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans?<br />Baked beans silly<br /><br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line? Forecips

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?<br />Blazing Saddles with Spaceballs close behind<br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br />Risky Business<br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br />With a beer<br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br />Dont really have one<br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br />Yes, tons<br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day?<br />Yes<br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? <br />Nope<br />8.<br />a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad?<br />b. If yes, then dill or sweet?<br />c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family?<br />d. Mayonaise or salad dressing?<br /><br />Dont know, I just eat whatever is shoved infront of my face<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans?<br />Neither, both taste like dirt<br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line? <br />Nope, pinch with fingers, dad used to bite them :eek: <br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

1) History of the World<br />2) Top Gun<br />3) boat parade, miller lite (I have to decorate the boat)<br />4) My daughter thinking the fireworks and all the people were there for her B-day (party at the lake)<br />5)Nope...too much like burning money<br />6)Yes...but I'll be at the lake having fun<br />7)Yes...will do fajitas, ribs, hot dogs (not the same day) (I seem to be the cook for all my neighbors<br />8)I like sweet pickles in my Potato Salad<br />9)Baked Beans<br />10) I bite them since it's too much trouble to get the pliers!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Stratosfied:<br />4. July 4 1976 in Baytown Tx <br />
Cool I was there too. Bicenteneal (sp) Park. Born and Raised in good ole Baytown.<br /><br />Ken

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

This week's questions:<br /><br />1. What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?<br />Blazing Saddles- "Mongo like candy"-Boom!<br />2. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?<br />Top Gun-"She's got that loving feeling bar scene"-hee hee<br />3. How will you celebrate Independence Day?<br /> Home with Hubby and bbq.<br />4. What is your best Fourth of July memory?<br /> All of my childhood 4th of July's were spent at Pt.Mugu beach in southern Calif. Lots of cute boys/men running around half naked. Oh my!(Too bad I was so shy) Great times and awesome fireworks over the beautiful pacific ocean. <br />5. Do you shoot off firecrackers?<br />Nope. Fire hazard.<br />6. Does your town hold a parade for Independence Day? No.<br />7. Will you cook out this weekend? If so, what kind of meat will you bbq? <br />Porterhouse steaks<br />8.<br />a. Do you like pickles in your potato salad? Yes<br />b. If yes, then dill or sweet? Dill<br />c. Who makes the best potato salad in your family? Me<br />d. Mayonaise or salad dressing? Mayo please. I want to know more about this homemade mayo. Sounds yummy.<br /><br />9. Baked beans or pinto beans? Neither- Ranch beans.<br />10 Do you use pliers to put split shots on your line? Yes. I try to avoid trips to the dentist as much as possible.