Weekly Q&A (6/20-6/26)

LadyFish

Admiral
1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />6. What size is your motor?<br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? <br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat?

JGREGORY

Lieutenant
Re: Weekly Q&A (6/20-6/26)

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />30 in fluke<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />Of course<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />N/A as boat is on blocks being rapaired.<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />Every time it's pulled from salt water.<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />Yes<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br />65 hp mercury<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />If in Saltwater yes<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br />22' swells but that was on a cruise ship. In familiy boat 6' swells<br /> <br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />No<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? <br />Plan on it

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

1.What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br /><br />Five foot sailfish off Belize (released).<br /><br />2.Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br /><br />Somtimes<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br /><br />No tach<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br /><br />1 to 2 times per month<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br /><br />sometimes<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br /><br />70hp<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br /><br />no (freshwater use only)<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? <br /><br />3, maybe 4 foot waves<br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br /><br />no<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat?<br /><br />sometimes

aspeck

Staff member

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />52in Muskie<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />Depends on who the other fisherman is - but I most certainly would to any of my iboats friends!<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />about 1400 RPM<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />Every spring and fall<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />No, that stuff is for sissies!<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br />88hp<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />Since it only gets used in fresh water you COULD say I flush it everytime I start it up.<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br />About 2 foot swells (lake doesn't get too rough)<br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Naw<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat?<br />Don't have a dog, but when I did, he was always in the boat.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />36" redfish<br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />No problem, plenty of fish in the sea<br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />No tach!<br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />After every use<br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />Yes<br />6. What size is your motor?<br />90 HP<br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />Yes<br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br />In larger boats 12-14 ft seas <br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Nope, but everybody else around me pukeing didnt make me feel too good.<br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat?<br />Nope<br /><br />Ken

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />6' barracuda off S. Fl coast<br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />Yes. I also ask them their favorites.<br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />Around 950 in neutral<br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />I wipe it down after every use. Give it a good washing a couple times during the season, then right before I put it to bed for the winter.<br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />Yes, when my wife makes me.<br />6. What size is your motor?<br />4.3L<br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />No, unless I've been up on Lake Erie (to remove any zebra mussels).<br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br />5' to 7' swells on Lake Erie<br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Yes, in those 5' to 7' swells, lol<br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat?<br />I'm concerned that ol' Brutus will poke holes in the upholstery. Also, at 80#, without a PFD with a strap down the back, I'm not sure I could get him back into the boat after he eventually will dive in. He loves water!

KennyKenCan

Commander

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught? Mermaid<br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen? If I did, I'd have to kill 'em<br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle? SMOOTH<br />4. How often do you wash your boat? After each use<br />5. Do you use sunscreen? I have a patio screen?!<br />6. What size is your motor? Now that's a little personal! Ask my Ex!!<br />7. Do you flush motor after every use? Yup!<br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? 6ft seas in the Moriches Inlet! Bad news folks! That inlet claimed 19 lives last year!<br />9. Have you ever been seasick? NO<br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? No, he get's seasick!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. Biggest fish? 6' sailfish (on musky tackle)<br />2. Do I tell my favorite spots? I tell them what lake to go to, not actual spots.<br />3. What does my engine idle at? 700rpm.<br />4. How often do I wash my boat? Each spring and after any salt exposure.<br />5. Do I use sunscreen? Yes. 30 or 45.<br />6. What size is my outboard engine? 70hp 4 stroke.<br />7. Do I flush after every use? No for fresh water, yes for salt.<br />8. Biggest seas I have been in (with my boat)?Looking up at water on both beams. Looked like 10', but probably 6-8'<br />9. Have I ever been seasick? Yes, but not on my boat.<br />10. Do I take my dog on the boat? No dog, but I have had some women on there that would pass for one. Dee Zero Gees!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />83# Bluecat.<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />No, not really.<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />Neutral=1000---In gear 950<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />At least once a week.<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />Yes, but a small amount.<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br />Mariner 150Mag2<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />No, fresh water only.<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? <br />The wake of a barge at night :eek: <br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Nope<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat?<br />Yes, the Jacks love it.

oddjob

Commander

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught? 29" redfish<br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?no<br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle? good Q?<br />4. How often do you wash your boat? after use<br />5. Do you use sunscreen? yes<br />6. What size is your motor? 25HP<br />7. Do you flush motor after every use? Yes<br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? 6' swells from Viegus back to Puerto Rico with a 18'boston waler and a 40 johnson<br />9. Have you ever been seasick? been close,a few times due to hangover but never chummed the water.<br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? not yet..

gaugeguy

Captain

1. 7' mako shark<br />2. If they ask I will<br />3. 700-800<br />4. After each time in the salt<br />5. yup, spf 30<br />6. 90hp<br />7. After each time in the salt<br />8. 4' on Lake Champlain, over 60' in an LST while grabbing a cruise with the Navy in the S. China Sea.<br />9. Not yet<br />10. I open the door to the truck and ask "Wanna go fishin?" If she hops in she goes. Usually 75% of the time she goes.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />35lb king salmon<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />Sure.<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />550 rpm.<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />Weekly<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />Yes.<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br />260hp<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />No, Fresh water only<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br />15ft seas on Lake Michigan<br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Not in my adulthood. past 25years<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat?<br />Always.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

1. if you are referring to longest fish it would have to be a sturgeon<br />2. sure, ya wanna know? actually my fav spot to fish is normally where I am...or at least wherever I am catching 'em<br />3. about 8-900rpm<br />4. not enough..twice in 4 years :( <br />5. not enough usually<br />6. 120hp <br />7. I'm do when in the ocean...<br />8. maybe 8' <br />9. a couple 0' times<br />10. not even<br /><br /> :cool:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught? humm.. One big bull dolphin and one big cuda.. cuda was definately longer, but dunno which was heavier..<br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen? Sort of.. The atlantic ocean's pretty big, so who knows if they can find the spots... :confused: <br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle? 750..<br />4. How often do you wash your boat? After every use..<br />5. Do you use sunscreen? Nope..unless long sleeve shirts and a hat counts.<br />6. What size is your motor? 302 ford (220hp?) and a 60 mercury<br />7. Do you flush motor after every use? You betcha..<br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? 15' white caping swells in a 25' boat...<br />9. Have you ever been seasick? Nope..<br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? Took a few dogs out.. :cool: Oh wait, you mean K9's... Nope...

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught? A 16.5" smallmouth bass (I'm a small freshwater lake fisherman).<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen? Yes, as long as they return the favor with their favorite spot<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle? 800-900.<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat? Whenver it gets really dirty or scummy.<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen? Of course. I get microwaved in 0.5 seconds in the blistering sun! <br /><br />6. What size is your motor? The rugged and reliable Mercruiser 165hp I6.<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use? Not really. I never took the old boat out in the salt water.<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? Lake Erie in a 41' USCG UTB, when a storm blew in.<br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick? No. The only time I "tossed my cookies" is after going on the spinning Tea-cup ride with my daughters, many years ago. :eek: <br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? We took our 2 black labs out in our 17' trihull ONCE and that was enough!<br /><br />Butch A.

FLATHEAD

Captain

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught? 5 foot shark.<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen? I'll tell them a general area.<br /><br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle? Got me,,, no tach.<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat? Not very often, its a fishin boat not a show piece.<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen? Yep<br /><br />6. What size is your motor? 28 SPL<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use? No need to<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in? Three footers with white caps in my little tin bucket. Thought I was a goner.<br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick? Yep<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? Not anymore.

Dunaruna

Admiral

1. Whats the biggest fish you've ever caught?<br />4 ft spanish mackerel.<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />Yes.<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />750 RPM.<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />After every outing.<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />Yes.<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br />220hp.<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />Yes.<br /><br />8. Whats the roughest water you've been out in?<br />8ft 'washing machine' rough.<br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Yes, when younger, but not now.<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on your boat?<br />Yes.<br /><br />Aldo

LadyFish

Admiral

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br /><br />58 pound ling and very proud of it<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br /><br />Yes, if I think they'll never find it. Never GPS numbers.<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br /><br />Approx 1,000<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br /><br />Never, its the captain's job while I clean the fish-- every time we use it.<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br /><br />Most of the time<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br /><br />150 Johnson<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br /><br />No, but usually once a week.<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br /><br />12 foot seas <br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br /><br />no<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? <br /><br />Not any more, he is 95 pounds, and he whines and whimpers when we leave.

Skinnywater

Commander

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />106lb. Tarpon<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />No<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />1100 RPM<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />Once a month.<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />No<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br />50hp<br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />Only if used in salt.<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br />20ft. swells.<br /> <br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Once as a kid.<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? <br />No, to dang hot.

PW2

Commander

1. What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever caught?<br />47 lb salmon in Tillamook Bay in Oregon<br /><br />2. Do you tell where your favorite fishing spot is to other fishermen?<br />Almost never<br /><br />3. At what RPM does your boat idle?<br />I don't know<br /><br />4. How often do you wash your boat?<br />Every time it rains<br /><br />5. Do you use sunscreen?<br />always<br /><br />6. What size is your motor?<br />50hp Johnson<br /><br />7. Do you flush motor after every use?<br />About once a year, if used in salt water.<br /><br />8. What’s the roughest water you’ve been out in?<br />I've been out in larger ocean swells, but the roughest was a windblown chop off Foulweather Bluff in Puget Sound--approximately 5 foot waves in an old 14ft wooden boat.<br /><br />9. Have you ever been seasick?<br />Nope<br /><br />10. Do you take your dog on the boat? <br />Always