FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ok that's what I'll do. I'm going to check my points are really at 0.014 and then I'll time it at 30 degrees at wide open throttle and hopefully it'll start. I'll check back in in a few days! Appreciate your help.
So I took out the points and made sure they were opening and closing flush and readjusted them to 0.014. I set the timing to 30 Wot. I haven't yet tried to crank the engine but when I test the spark using the sparkplug I see I'm getting a very strong spark when I should but I'm also getting other small sparks while turning the flywheel (2 others). Would you know why that is?
I do get those strong sparks on each plug at the correct angle. I just seem to get very small static sparks on the other plugs at the same time.. anyways, not sure I'm being clear but I'm going to try to start it like that. I'll let you know!