WE WORK SO HARD...... AND WHY? READ ON

singerjr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finally found out why I'm always tired<br /><br />For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep, too much pressure from my career, poor blood or anything else<br />I could think of.<br /><br />But now I found out the real reason: I'm tired, because I'm overworked.<br /><br />Here's why:<br /><br />The population of the United States is 273 million.<br /><br />140 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work.<br /><br />There are 85 million in school, Which leaves 48 million to do the work.<br /><br />Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, Leaving 19 million to do the work. (as god knows how hard they work!)<br /><br />2.8 Million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing the Taliban. Which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.<br /><br />Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for state and city governments. And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.<br /><br />At any given time there are 188,000 people in<br />hospitals, Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.<br /><br />Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.<br /><br />That leaves just two people to do the work.<br /><br />You and me.<br /><br />... and there you are sitting on your rear, at your computer, reading jokes!<br /><br /> :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: WE WORK SO HARD...... AND WHY? READ ON

Not ME!! Capt. U. <br /><br />I'm one of the retired ones, and I appreciate you guys who are supporting me like I supported my parents.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

ebbtide176

Commander

lol captU. yep, here i am. if i didn't have this reason to be on my pc, then i'd b snoozin, and not havin some kind of go between in work and ...work? <br />oh well, we can only hope we live to enjoy a day of retirement, after all, isn't that why we work for someone else?

ebbtide176

Commander

LOL CaptU. because i'm certain if i worked for myself i'd be living on welfare now :D <br />(just stirrin up trouble)<br />ok, i'm really wondering; How do so many people come to this country and start up hotel chains and gas stations? Are they getting tax breaks? Is their immediate familty's welfare on the line? Or is it just due to their communal family ties to support one another? I mean, what to do with your worthless POS cousin? Will the "family" let you fire them, or do you send them back to do the kind of job where you hafta make poverty-level money? you said what!!? ok, I get it, you have your name on a dozen hotels, and you still live in 1 room there, just above poverty level... please give me the scoop, i don't get the daily enquirer...