We be Breedin too much

KaGee

Admiral
Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff <br />Friday, Dec. 10, 2004 11:43 a.m. EST<br /><br />Republicans Outbreed Us, Democrats Fret<br />
<br />Democrats' endless and often clueless stewing over the GOP's latest election triumphs just keeps getting funnier. Now they’re worried, with some justification, that fertile young conservatives are replacing dried-up old liberals.<br /><br />Have you heard of "natalists"? They’re the left's new boogeyman. These curious Middle American creatures, it seems, care more about having a family than a summer home in the Hamptons. They tend to have conservative moral values. And … they're reproducing! <br /><br />Now the media elitists are examining this phenomenon of flyover country as if it's some sort of exotic species that must be dissected, though perhaps not exterminated.<br /><br />The New York Times' David Brooks frets: "They are having three, four or more kids. Their personal identity is defined by parenthood. They are more spiritually, emotionally and physically invested in their homes than in any other sphere of life, having concluded that parenthood is the most enriching and elevating thing they can do. Very often they have sacrificed pleasures like sophisticated movies, restaurant dining and foreign travel, let alone competitive careers and disposable income, for the sake of their parental calling."<br /><br />Oh, the agony of missing Hollywood's "sophisticated movies." Heavens, could there be people who'd rather raise their children than catch a double bill of "Kinsey" and "Saw"?<br /><br />"People on the Great Plains and in the Southwest are much more fertile than people in New England or on the Pacific coast," Brooks worries.<br /><br />"You can see surprising political correlations. As Steve Sailer pointed out in The American Conservative, George Bush carried the 19 states with the highest white fertility rates, and 25 of the top 26. John Kerry won the 16 states with the lowest rates."<br /><br />New Republic frets: "Democrats swept the largely childless cities - true blue locales [such as] San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Boston and Manhattan have the lowest percentages of children in the nation - but generally had poor showings in those places where families are settling down, notably the Sun Belt cities, exurbs and outer suburbs of older metropolitan areas."<br /><br />USA Today notes that President Bush won 474 of the nation's 573 fast-growing micropolitan areas (places too urban to be rural but too small to be metropolitan).<br /><br />Brooks offers his latte-sipping readers a bit of reassurance: "Natalists are associated with red America, but they're not launching a jihad."<br /><br />Wow. Someone at the New York Times admits that heartland America is not identical with Islamic terrorists. How progressive.
Guess the Laptops didn't get to them folks yet... I can see it know... The Dems will be offering free laptops to all the males in the Red States. :D :D

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: We be Breedin too much

You know, Laura Ingrams talked about this 3 weeks ago, on her talk show on WABC 770!<br /><br />So did Savage and Levine!<br /><br />So, why did it take the main-stream media 3 weeks to publish something about this?<br /><br />This is not a news revealation!<br /><br />This is old news!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hmmm. I resemble that to some extent except I live on the east coast.<br /><br />"... care more about having a family than a summer home in the Hamptons. They tend to have conservative moral values. And … they're reproducing!" <br /><br />Well the reproducing part is right. But I still want my house in the Hamptons someday! <br /><br />"They are having three, four or more kids. Their personal identity is defined by parenthood. They are more spiritually, emotionally and physically invested in their homes than in any other sphere of life, having concluded that parenthood is the most enriching and elevating thing they can do. Very often they have sacrificed pleasures like sophisticated movies, restaurant dining and foreign travel, let alone competitive careers and disposable income, for the sake of their parental calling." <br /><br />Yep, that's us. No more fancy vacations to Cancun or Bahamas. Now we stay local and mooch off of Mom and Dad's shore house. Just last night my wife decided she should stay home with the kids for the next 5 years before going back to work rather than the 1 or 2 she previously chose. That way the younger two will have good in home and after school parenting, and she will be working about the same time the oldest is in college to ease the financal burden of his schooling. (He wants to be an orthodontist, is't that great! $$$$$$ :eek: ) <br /><br />And we are not going to be driving new cars any time soon. <br /><br />I think in the next 15 years or so NJ will turn red.

KaGee

Admiral

Don't know Kenny.... You're right, the article was new this morning. <br /><br />You are in a Blue State. That means you have more to life than breeding. :p And more time to listen to the radio since you are not breeding... :p :D <br /><br />I don't listen to Laura... she's on the same time as Beck... I get more of a kick outta him. Levine is not on locally. Savage is so synical and negative, I can't stand to listen to him, he makes you feel like everything is going to **** ina handbasket, and the best way out is to put a gun to your head.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

IMO, is not that Repubes necessarily make more babies. More likely is that the Liberal Dem's kill theirs off due to pro choice abortion. <br /><br />And I believe that it is natural that kids raised in a Republican household will potentially follow the politics of their parents. Not all, but a substantial portion IMO.

NOSLEEP

Commander

I'm for the big 4 F's.<br />Family, friends, fish'n and fun.<br />Everyone else can have my share of the..Big house,<br />Beamers,fancy vacations,and hollyworld.<br />I'll take more days off work, more fish'n and camping trips,<br />more firewood to split, and more freinds to visit any day.

KennyKenCan

Commander

KaGee,<br /><br />I've already done my breedin, I got 4, and don't want no more!<br /><br />I'm really not a fan of any of these talk show hosts, but I do try to listen to as many as I can, just to be as informed as possible.<br /><br />Savage isn't quite that bad, but close...<br /><br />I even listen to NPR sometimes, but I always end up asking myself, "why do I listen to NPR?"!<br /><br />Who is Beck? Never heard of him!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> And I believe that it is natural that kids raised in a Republican household will potentially follow the politics of their parents. Not all, but a substantial portion IMO.
That is until academia gets their hands on your kids. What's the ratio of Lib Professors to Conservative ones? 10 to one? And they have learned to so cleverly couch their agendas in such logical and faaaaaaaair sounding terms that young skulls full of mush just suck it up.<br /><br />But all is not lost. Somewhere (unmentionable source) it was written "bring up a child in the way he should go.......!" If the aforementioned is done, they will return to their senses.

KaGee

Admiral

Kenny... Beck....as in Glenn Beck. He's a hoot.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by NOSLEEP:<br /> I'm for the big 4 F's.<br />Family, friends, fish'n and fun.<br />Everyone else can have my share of the..Big house,<br />Beamers,fancy vacations,and hollyworld.<br />I'll take more days off work, more fish'n and camping trips,<br />more firewood to split, and more freinds to visit any day.
Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> Couldn't have said it better Nosleep.
Ditto to both

KennyKenCan

Commander

Sorry KaGee, never heard of him.<br /><br />I don't think he is syndicated here in NY.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

LOL.Wow! Talk about a reach! These guys are really crashing and burning ,aint they?

Twidget

Commander

Definitely grasping at straws.<br /><br />
New Republic frets: "Democrats swept the largely childless cities - true blue locales [such as] San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Boston and Manhattan have the lowest percentages of children in the nation
I dont mean to offend anyone, but the cities named above all have a large gay population. They recruit, they dont reproduce.